joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late March snow blitz! March 24-25th

cyclone77

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM suppressed at this range is probably the best sign for me to move along for MBY. :lol:

Good luck to those along and south of I-70. 

its actually a bit stronger than 6z.  Starting to align with the euro, 998ish slp to e.KY then coastal transfer due east.   I-70 actually has room for a northern bump in track and some intensity in strength, but any weaker or further south this is a southern OH event. 

That is not always the case.  The atmosphere is not static. 

While the NAM is weird.  The H5 charts as convoluted as they appear explain things a bit.

exactly...I'm not seeing anything 'meterologically' impossible with the euro or the nam.  The argument that it has to be one extreme or the other, (suppressed or stronger and more north), seems like an argument for the sake of an argument.

Whiff to the south for NE IL/NW IN?

LOT AFD from this morning

SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY...CONCERNS FOR SNOW INCREASE SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY AS ENERGY MOVES DOWN THE WESTERN FLANK OF THE WESTERN UPPER TROUGH HELPING IT TO AMPLIFY INTO THE FOUR CORNERS REGION. GUIDANCE HAS COME INTO BETTER AGREEMENT WITH THE TROUGH THEN SWINGING EASTWARD ACROSS SOUTHERN MISSOURI AND ARKANSAS SOME TIME SUNDAY. SURFACE LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP ACROSS TEXAS AND INTENSIFY AS IT MOVES ACROSS TENNESSEE. THE LATEST MODEL CONSENSUS BETWEEN THE ECMWF/GEM/GFS IS TO KEEP THE BULK OF THE SYSTEM TO THE SOUTH OF THE FORECAST AREA WITH EVEN THE PREVIOUSLY BULLISH GFS NOW SHOWING LITTLE IN THE WAY OF PRECIP FOR MOST OF THE AREA. THE MAIN JET ENERGY THAT WILL AID THE ENHANCEMENT OF THE UPPER TROUGH IS STILL OUT OVER THE PACIFIC SO TRACK ADJUSTMENTS ARE LIKELY. OVERALL THE SOUTHERN CWA REMAINS FAVORED FOR BETTER PRECIP CHANCES SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT WITH SNOW BEING THE PRECIP TYPE.

Probably not a total miss.  Looks like the southern areas of LOT could get something.  Not clear if that means S of I-80 or S of I-55 or S of I-88

exactly...I'm not seeing anything 'meterologically' impossible with the euro or the nam.  The argument that it has to be one extreme or the other, (suppressed or stronger and more north), seems like an argument for the sake of an argument.

We have two closed Upper Level Lows.  One over the Dakotas and one over the NE/SE Canada.  This vort max swings around the trough of the first ULL and there isn't much room for it to amplify between itself and the ULL over the NE.

The NE ULL is also moving out but not fast enough for this system to slot in behind it.  It looks more like  it eventually shears  out and gets absorbed over the Atlantic.

GGEM is relentless. 12z run drives a low overtop EVV at 991mb, at 84 hours.

yep pretty wild.  96 hrs it has a low over Indy and another one popping in the southern midatlantic.   Driving rainstorm here...maybe a quick changeover but considering it's a transfer it would probably dryslot to flurries.

glad it's the ggem showing it and not the euro.

Still a fair amount of uncertainty it seems. I like the idea of sticking snow here, probably enough to shovel, but it's too early to get a good handle on amounts. I do think that this is easily an advisory and possibly a warning criteria event wherever the heavier band sets up.

Archived