Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Late March snow blitz! March 24-25th

cyclone77

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have yet to see any consistency with any model for here. Id really like a good snowstorm. Its been a good winter, plenty of shoveling, whiteout squalls, overperforming snowfalls, slightly above average snowcover...but just one big snowstorm and that was at the beginning of winter. Spring is clearly nowhere in sight, lets go out with a bang. If we do get a snowstorm outta this, my grade is a A-/B+ for the winter (depending on the storm lol)...if not it will probably be a B.

I still feel confident that this will be the event which breaks the cold cycle and brings in more typicial weather for our region. (Yes, spring!!) It will be a strong and large but the exact tract might run more westernly due to the -AO going so positive so quickly as the storm develops.

If the Euro doesn't trend north a little towards the GFS I'm gonna start to get worried a bit.  GFS would likely cave towards the Euro eventually.  That's what usually happens anyway.

I think it might be safe to say its already caving with 2 runs in a row closer to the Euro.

I think it might be safe to say its already caving with 2 runs in a row closer to the Euro.

Not really, the Euro caved for a run with last night's 0z run, and the GEM and UK caved to the GFS for a run or two, so unless it continues with small shifts or is making this shift several runs in a row, it's not really a trend.

Man to think it's late March and I'm still getting missed to the south. Would be an awfully impressive final event, especially considering the date. This thing will be a potent quick shot wherever it may go, still can't get over this thing being suppressed to the south. The average high in Toledo is 50 for the 20th of March, so to see the fact that we may not break 40 for the next week at least is extremely impressive and ironic as well. Last year we were roasting folks

Lots of issues that the models won't come to a consensus on: Blocking/track and occlusion/transfer.

Auglaize County, OH EMA posted this map on their Facebook page. Looks like a blend of the models. I'd take it, but right now it's kind of lol worthy.

I'd dub this the "Palm Sunday" storm, but that moniker's already taken.

Archived