northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The March 25-March 32 HECS potential

Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verification scores don't mean a whole lot to me when it comes to winter storms in my backyard. 

..or weather in general. I'd like to see verification scores for specific cities.. I'd wager DC is at the bottom of the list across the board. This area is extremely difficult to forecast given the geography.

I'm coming around to this conclusion myself.

Too bad the GFS is so fickle as we get close to winter events.  Instead of becoming more consistent with its forecasts (as we get closer), it seems to become more erratic.  The problem for many of us wrt using the Euro for winter ideas is that the access is so limited it's as if it doesn't even exist.  So, we are left with the GFS, NAM, and SREFS.  Probably be best just to wait until Sunday night and look out the window.

I have always thought the GFS does well for certain things...it has certainly beaten the euro a few times this winter with bigger scale features or ideas from a few days out....I know the SNE guys think it is terrible with winter storms up there, but probably not as bad here,,,Hopefully the upgrades will make it better

I have always thought the GFS does well for certain things...it has certainly beaten the euro a few times this winter with bigger scale features or ideas from a few days out....I know the SNE guys think it is terrible with winter storms up there, but probably not as bad here,,,Hopefully the upgrades will make it better

Yeah, upgrade coming in August I believe?

I thought the GFS was better down here and just better than it actually is in general.   Oh well.   Ride the Euro is my game.

I'm not sold on the primary going so far north before giving into the secondary. If the secondary deepens just a little quicker it will take the wind out of the sails of the primary. This is still a very unresolved situation for our yards. I'm very realistic though. I have been all week. It's easy on the nerves. 

I'm not sold on the primary going so far north before giving into the secondary. If the secondary deepens just a little quicker it will take the wind out of the sails of the primary. This is still a very unresolved situation for our yards. I'm very realistic though. I have been all week. It's easy on the nerves. 

Truth.   It's still evolving, but when the NAM doesn't even NAM you, it raises red flags.    Blocking is supposed to be at historic levels, so maybe the models are driving the primary too far north.   I mean, that's my weenie analysis and I'll stick to it.   But for now, I'm still going all in with T-1" for my hood

Cut those totals in half and we will still throw the biggest party of the year.

I don't see any reason to not look forward to the storm. Yea, it's not perfect and it will be messy but we don't get opps like this very often at all this late in the year. In 3 weeks we'll be wearing shorts. 

I don't see any reason to not look forward to the storm. Yea, it's not perfect and it will be messy but we don't get opps like this very often at all this late in the year. In 3 weeks we'll be wearing shorts. 

I am with you totally, i will take 1-2 sloppy inches with snow flying in the air for an extended period any day of the week. This still will probably be our most exciting event of the year.

I am with you totally, i will take 1-2 sloppy inches with snow flying in the air for an extended period any day of the week. This still will probably be our most exciting event of the year.

With proper expectations like this I think there is more upside than downside here. There could easily end up being a favorable precip max on the back side of the secondary. Not the best time of day but could be very fun nonetheless. 

i dunno..it could easily be a 0.12 35 degree failure

It sure could if we get caught in the precip dead zone between the 2. Much will come down to the waa shot before the secondary. Get a good dose there and we're happy. If that is an epic fail then the secondary won't be able to save us unless there is divine intervention. 

If the NAM is to be believed, this has "sunny skies until about 3PM Sunday written all over it".  And that translates into mid 40's (or perhaps worse) when precip starts.

No trends that I can see look good.  My expectations are that we wake Monday morning with a shallow coating of snow and it's down hill after that.  I'm betting this past Monday will have been a better event when its said and done.

If the NAM is to be believed.

If the NAM is to be believed, this has "sunny skies until about 3PM Sunday written all over it".  And that translates into mid 40's (or perhaps worse) when precip starts.

No trends that I can see look good.  My expectations are that we wake Monday morning with a shallow coating of snow and it's down hill after that.  I'm betting this past Monday will have been a better event when its said and done.

This is our last dance brother.   Pick up your instrument and let us play until the ship is submerged.  We will play on...

This is our last dance brother.   Pick up your instrument and let us play until the ship is submerged.  We will play on...

6z GFS has a nice storm on April 7th.  Word on the street is Bob has taken a home equity loan out to go all in on that storm.  

Well i did not even get a flurry from that event. The only thing i saw flying in the air was Bob Chill's barf after he got screwed. So i guarantee this event will be better for me at least.

Yeah, upgrade coming in August I believe?

I thought the GFS was better down here and just better than it actually is in general.   Oh well.   Ride the Euro is my game.

No, new machine in August.  Next big upgrade (and it is really going to be big) is probably a year+ out.

Archived