Newest Member
    CHSVol
And the Banter Marches On . . .

HimoorWx

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's going bye bye on the models.

Why does the pattern look so much milder now? I thought we were looking at an epic March with the blocking fading in time for the development of a PNA/EPO ridge. I still see some signs of an Aleutians low but the window of opportunity is maybe pushed back and shortened to March 18-22? Do you agree that there will be a significant wintry period later in March?

Why does the pattern look so much milder now? I thought we were looking at an epic March with the blocking fading in time for the development of a PNA/EPO ridge. I still see some signs of an Aleutians low but the window of opportunity is maybe pushed back and shortened to March 18-22? Do you agree that there will be a significant wintry period later in March?

Who knows..probably the same reason why the Morch calls suddenly collapsed in mid Feb.

Pacific jet is cranking up..possibly due to the tropical convection. The -NAO still is there and models waver with AK ridging so the pattern can produce especially up here, but it's not epic as it looked earlier last week.

I can't say I agree that we'll have a significant wintry period, however I think interior areas especially can still muster up a storm or two. Maybe even the coast if the cold air is around.

For as long as I've been on the forums every March is supposed to be epic :lol:

Who knows..probably the same reason why the Morch calls suddenly collapsed in mid Feb.

Pacific jet is cranking up..possibly due to the tropical convection. The -NAO still is there and models waver with AK ridging so the pattern can produce especially up here, but it's not epic as it looked earlier last week.

I can't say I agree that we'll have a significant wintry period, however I think interior areas especially can still muster up a storm or two. Maybe even the coast if the cold air is around.

NYC area hasn't had a great March since 2004. I thought this was going to break the streak but now it looks like just slightly cooler than normal temps and misses chances, a lot like 3/11 which finished at -.1 but with only 4" snow. Can't imagine we get shut out again like 2012 and 2010.

NYC area hasn't had a great March since 2004. I thought this was going to break the streak but now it looks like just slightly cooler than normal temps and misses chances, a lot like 3/11 which finished at -.1 but with only 4" snow. Can't imagine we get shut out again like 2012 and 2010.

Well with the -NAO progged...always keep hope alive. It only takes one. I think if I lived in the interior...I would be feeling decent right now.

Just an FYI, back during the blizzard I archived a bunch of data both leading up to it and observations after the last flakes had ended.  I obviously couldn't grab everything but I tried to grad enough to make a snapshot of the event.  I finally got around to indexing the data that I did archive and I wanted to share it with the folks here.  I know it won't please everyone, and there is still some more items that I need to add, but I hope that everyone will get something out of what I have.

Here's the link:

http://www.stormmonitoring.com/archive/20130208Blizzard/

If anyone has anything that they'd like me to add, you can PM me or email me from the link on the page.

BTW, there are a couple of other events under the /archive directory that I still need to index, but you can browse through the files.

Just an FYI, back during the blizzard I archived a bunch of data both leading up to it and observations after the last flakes had ended.  I obviously couldn't grab everything but I tried to grad enough to make a snapshot of the event.  I finally got around to indexing the data that I did archive and I wanted to share it with the folks here.  I know it won't please everyone, and there is still some more items that I need to add, but I hope that everyone will get something out of what I have.

Here's the link:

If anyone has anything that they'd like me to add, you can PM me or email me from the link on the page.

BTW, there are a couple of other events under the /archive directory that I still need to index, but you can browse through the files.

nice stuff, thanks for taking time to compile it

Here's the link:

Looks like FOX just about nailed it..Great job by them

Media Forecasts

Ch. 30 Hartford

Ch. 61 Hartford

It’s snowing here(stamford)! flurries outside, hard to see in the dark, but snow none the less :)

-skisheep

was a bit surprised to see okx radar lit up like it is....so when i click'd albany i was also surprised to see snow showers breaking out over NW ct SW mass and almost over to blizzle's house....which now has some returns over his weenie on box radar.

i was fixiating on gyx radar to see if the stuff gets a sW push later tonite ....but didn't realize sW sne may see some decent snow showers.....honestly the stuff breaking out over W MA/Nw ct now looks like what should have been going on thur nite with the inv trough signature ....at least it matches where sref's had 1 inch probs and where hrrr runs show'd precip....coincidentally

lets see if it grows

the stuff over NW ct and hudson valley Ny appears to be moving SW (esp over eny/catskills) and the stuff over NYC appears to be moving east ....interesting.....

Archived