• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2013 OBS

WilkesboroDude

Light to moderate snow showers transitioned to heavy snow for a period this morning.  Had some HUGE flakes.  Still coming down nicely with a solid dusting on the ground, hanging at 32 degrees.

The TDOT cams looked good in Knoxville this morning! Flurries here in Chat but very very light...it is just a raw nasty day...

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just came one of the best snow squalls I've ever seen. Blue sky to almost 1 inch in 10 minutes. Now the sun is back out and the snow is melting.

Crazy squall just came through Boone about 25 minutes ago. Here's some footage: 

Very nice snow shower for the last 15 minutes.  It's beautiful.  I love snow falling, no matter the date on the calendar. 

I don't have the radar image to back it up, but I think all these posts are related to the same squall.  My mother, in Lenoir, NC, texted me at 18:47 yesterday and said it was snowing incredibly hard at that time.  Looking at the geography and timing of these posts, it's easy to connect the dots.  Pretty cool.

Got a dusting in Chatt town last night! This is one of, if not the, latest accumulations I've ever seen.

No dusting for me, but I live close to river elevation in the valley. I vaguely recall a very light dusting in the early 2000s in mid April, but my foggy brain could be off on that. I wasn't living here in '87, but the records say 2.8 during that huge late season storm. Would love to see pics of that storm here in Chattanooga.

I had to come into work this morning at 3am and fire up our wind machines to protect the peach orchards.  When I got here it was 28.7 in the orchard at 3:45am. 10 minutes after turning on the wind machine it jumped up to 31.5 and  held there for the rest of the morning. We should be ok here but some of the bigger growers throughout the state will undoubtedly have some crop loss in their frost prone orchards.

FYI, for peach blooms to be damaged it has to get down to at least 28 degrees.  At 28 degrees you lose 10 percent of the blooms. At 25 degrees, you lose 90% of the blooms.

Archived