joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like watching TV forecasts, especially for the future cast if I'm in a rush or need a quick look at the days ahead. Personally, I like Lonnie Quinn from channel 2, Jeff Smith from channel 7, and Nick Gregory from channel 5. I never watch channel 4 so I couldn't even tell you who the mets are lol. I've heard people come down on Lonnie before, but he tries to make things easy to understand for the normal watcher, which I like. Always delivers a straightforward and clean forecast.

I like watching TV forecasts, especially for the future cast if I'm in a rush or need a quick look at the days ahead. Personally, I like Lonnie Quinn from channel 2, Jeff Smith from channel 7, and Nick Gregory from channel 5. I never watch channel 4 so I couldn't even tell you who the mets are lol. I've heard people come down on Lonnie before, but he tries to make things easy to understand for the normal watcher, which I like. Always delivers a straightforward and clean forecast.

You do know liking Lonnie Quinn is a bannable offense right?

i always watch my local news i switch between channels and watch the weather especially if there is something exciting going on :)

years ago I used to do that.  I even had a system for it!  Ah the ol days before we could argue about whether the 84 hour nam is north/south/wetter/drier

I think the only reputable weathermen on TV are Lee Goldberg and Jeff Smith.

100% agree. He's the best in town. This city's news weather people all suck. For being the biggest city in the country it surprises me how many bad "meteorologists" they hire. I lived up in Massachusetts for a while an they have great mets out of Boston. Matt Noyes from NECN is the best there. Much better than most NYC mets

Lee has turned into a ham. Yeah we get it, its cold out you don't need to stand outside the studio so we can see your breath. I realize they make him do that I just find it annoying

to much goofing off between lee liz cho and david novarro  it ruins the 4:00pm news...

I think that more you learn about weather the more likely you are to stay away from all that crap

In some circumstances. But If you have the looks and a degree from Cornell like lee and Jeff you can make 10 times what a normal met makes. In the NY market these guys are making well well into the 6 figures.

In some circumstances. But If you have the looks and a degree from Cornell like lee and Jeff you can make 10 times what a normal met makes. In the NY market these guys are making well well into the 6 figures.

I meant from the viewer point of view rather than the personalities, I can understand why they chase the money.

I think that more you learn about weather the more likely you are to stay away from all that crap  

I find it's dumbed down for the average joe, which makes sense, given that 95% of the population is not a weenie, but I have no use for hearing "party sunny and we might have a pop up shower to ruin your BBQ"!  Banter banter, so Joe how does next weekend look?  Well I don't know, but we'll have more details at 11!   useless

tv news is doomed anyway

Agree.  It's basically people reading the news you already heard during the day through social media online etc.  It will be like radio-it will still exist but in a much reduced form and the days of big contracts for big personalities are about done.

Bill Evans on channel 7 is the king of that. More of an entertainer then a met just like Lonnie. But I prefer them over the ackwardness of Amy

Agreed x10. I think anybody is better than awkward Amy. Plus it looks like her consistant 90's forecast is already in the crapper as lee's updated forecast shows one day of 90's (Friday).

Agreed x10. I think anybody is better than awkward Amy. Plus it looks like her consistant 90's forecast is already in the crapper as lee's updated forecast shows one day of 90's (Friday).

any forecasted consistent 90's is in the crapper this summer!  +PDO forget any big torches

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived