joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accuweather is going with a general 1 to 3 from nyc to Boston and 3 to 6 in through SNJ

That was written at 5 am today . So after digesting all the model that's what they came up .

Upton and MT Holly have WSWatches up. Upton sees the .50 QPF ( not completely sold on it they like 20 to 1 ratios and But they are considering it and accuweather goes with 1 to 3.

Yeah Alan got pretty conservative as he got older...was one of the best when I was growing up...learned alot from him.

in recent years he seems bored to death... and appears to dread dealing with snow forecasts.  back in the day he loved snow. i have an audio tape of him doing live shots on channel 2 during the blizzard of 1978. he was giddy.

it's still a very real possibility. Until the vort is in the CONUS and properly sampled, all options are on the table, from the ARW solution to a complete miss.[/

Even the euro ensemble mean is 3 inches , gotta stat there in coastal NJ onto Long Island.

1 to 3 is just a punt . Some SREF members and the RGEM are a foot there at 10 to 1 . If u cold both extremes

You're left with .50 GFS. I just don't know how 1 to 3 serves the public. Just M O

Accuweather is going with a general 1 to 3 from nyc to Boston and 3 to 6 in through SNJ

That was written at 5 am today . So after digesting all the model that's what they came up .

Upton and MT Holly have WSWatches up. Upton sees the .50 QPF ( not completely sold on it they like 20 to 1 ratios and But they are considering it and accuweather goes with 1 to 3.

Ever notice how they love calling 1-3 amounts more often then not? If it's not 1-3, it's 3-6 and if it's not 3-6 it's 6-10... ever notice that?

in recent years he seems bored to death... and appears to dread dealing with snow forecasts.  back in the day he loved snow. i have an audio tape of him doing live shots on channel 2 during the blizzard of 1978. he was giddy.

Ha ha you used to tape him too? I would have my dad tape record his forecast at 11pm if there was a storm coming then listen to it when I woke up for school.

Ever notice how they love calling 1-3 amounts more often then not? If it's not 1-3, it's 3-6 and if it's not 3-6 it's 6-10... ever notice that?

They are conservative , you're just gona hear that forecast repeated all day .

And if we tick up or are the same at 12z its just not 1 to 3

I was just watching The Weather Channel and the winter weather expert on there just said that NYC to Boston will see 1-3 inches and then he said that this will not be a significant snowstorm because of the track of the storm. Talk about misleading the public.Awful.

How does that even make sense given the WSW that are up for many. I bet they are still hugging the Euro.

I was just watching The Weather Channel and the winter weather expert on there just said that NYC to Boston will see 1-3 inches and then he said that this will not be a significant snowstorm because of the track of the storm. Talk about misleading the public.Awful.

that's pretty amazing, considering it has zero model support.  TWC is a strange outfit.  during the early january storm they pretty much completely ignored the fact that there was a snowstorm going on in ny & nj..... with full focus on boston.  they suck.

They have 3 different maps. One with heaviest over us from this morning and another further south. Wouldn't that suggest the trend is opposite of what's really happening?

I know, I saw them too.

I have so many problems with them regarding this storm that it's not even worth going on about. I will say that anyone who puts out three different maps for a storm is simply covering their a$$ and doesn't deserve attention. 

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived