Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
February 25-27 Winter Storm Part 3

Brewers

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome. Snowing quite heavily in Hamilton. Everything is covered including roads and sidewalks. I'm gonna say probably about 2cm or so on the ground right now and accumulating fast. 

Really? Nice. Don't even know if we have half of that here. Snow is having a really tough time staying on the ground, especially when it's lighter. The difference between the escarpment and down here is going to be significant.

like most of the snow events this winter, this storm is definitely overperforming from a moisture perspective. Qpf looks to have been underdone as we are over 1 inch of water with an entire night of precip to come.

It appears sleet is still mixing in with the snow, as the heavier returns and relatively good visibility showed (I then went to a window and heard some pinging). Definitely over an inch of snow/sleet on the ground, didnt measure though. Snowbanks and areas of the grass that had old patches of snow will be like indestructible rocks in a few days (though I imagine the plain grassy areas may suck up the snow tomorrow, who knows).

Measured a consistent 3.5" on the walkway up to the house.  Not a bad storm, but like most of them this winter, just a steady moderate or high end moderate at its best.  It does seem difficult to get true heavy snow in Milwaukee these past two winters.  We're probably the king of steady moderate snow with cutters, though.

With that being said, a decent lake band of moderate snow is coming in from my hood northward.

Finally the snow is becoming a little more formidable here in west Toronto. Visibility is starting to come down but still doesn't appear to be anything on the ground. Pearson chimed in with 1.1c at the bottom of the hour. Almost to the promise land.

Very heavy snow in my area right now, no accumulation yet but temperature down to about 0.9C, so almost their. 

Heavy bands of precip moving in. 

Thats quite the temperature drop, splendid. 

edit: nvm i took a look more carefully and its starting to stick now (Y) :D 

Next wave from the lake is here, visibilities taking a tumbling again. More snow east of Chicago moving westwards.

Great pictures everyone! Good to hear some of the heavier totals got further south for this event in IL compared to the 2/7 storm.

Congrats to those in MI and Ontario too.

Heavy wet snow and ice pellets with huge gusts as a result of wind tunnelling at yonge and eglinton. Amazing to walk in, wow! Accumulating on side walks on top of 1cm of sleet. Roads are too wet right now to accumulate

Very heavy snow in my area right now, no accumulation yet but temperature down to about 0.9C, so almost their. 

Heavy bands of precip moving in. 

Thats quite the temperature drop, splendid. 

edit: nvm i took a look more carefully and its starting to stick now (Y) :D

Almost time to exhale :)

Archived