• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
February 25-27 Winter Storm Part 3

Brewers

Nice product. Not really familiar with it but if it's at all accurate in differentiating between RA and SN it's a nice tool to have.

Dual pol has been known to be quite effective determining rain/snow lines. When it was transitioning here I checked dual pol and the rain snow line seen there was over top my location so it seems quite accurate. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9.1" as of 7:00pm.

Just had another heavy burst of snow. Temperature holding steady at 31°.

This is probably a bit on the weenie side, but I wouldn't be surprised to see half that through tomorrow.

295691_10151463157566760_425116941_n.png

I like that map! By the way, I was surprised, but we have 5 inches of snow already here in Muskegon. It has been dumping snow...under a nice consistent band for hours now.

Switched over to WTSN now or sleet, can't figure it out. Very windy. It's the wet stuff that can't accumulate but it's definitely not rain anymore.We may have a chance at big accumulations if this thing switches. I'm at Yonge-Eglinton at the moment

Same here. Flakes are super saturated though. Might as well be rain.

You can see on the King City Radar the line between rain and snow. The yellow keeps pushing to the north east. Looks like Toronto will be firmly on the snow side of things now, but for how long will this snow-but-may-as-we-be-rain last is going to be a big factor. This is probably what's going to hurt the lakeshore the most when it comes to accumulations.

You can see on the King City Radar the line between rain and snow. The yellow keeps pushing to the north east. Looks like Toronto will be firmly on the snow side of things now, but for how long will this snow-but-may-as-we-be-rain last is going to be a big factor. This is probably what's going to hurt the lakeshore the most when it comes to accumulations.

Maybe a bit of rain still mixed in here, but looks like mostly WTSN in the west end as of 9pm. Pearson's down to 1.8c but we're going to need to shed about another degree before we can start seeing accums.

Down to -0.1C here now, safely going to be snow from here on out I think. Rates are good, nearing +SN at times. Very wet snow sticking to most surface now as expected. Roads coated. Looks like some big bands coming in on King City radar.

Also winds are howling! Gusting 40-50 km/h if I had to guess.

Down to -0.1C here now, safely going to be snow from here on out I think. Rates are good, nearing +SN at times. Very wet snow sticking to most surface now as expected. Roads coated. Looks like some big bands coming in on King City radar.

This is more impressive than the snow squalls we had the other night. Winds have been gusting to 60kmh at times its whipping the snow around as it falls but it's too wet to be picked up again. This is one of the most impressive storms we had, probably because I slept through most of Feb 8's main action, but at this point I'd think a blizzard warning would do justice for the current conditions... can't see down the street.

Archived