• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
February 25-27 Winter Storm Part 3

Brewers

We are really getting hammered, heavy wet snow and drifts from the 30+ mph gusts. This already feels like a legitimate storm and it looks like we have a long way to go, lots of moisture pushing in from the east. GFS has snow lasting until noon Thursday.

Airport only has .08" liquid, but I think we have 2-3". Liquid measurements aren't that great when there's so much drifting, 1-2' foot drifts in one spot I saw. Down to 30 F so no melting. I'll post pics shortly.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was only an inch in change downtown when i went home around 3 and don't think they added any to that.  Topped out around 3 here but we've been melting for a few hours so it's down to a super dense inch or so now.

. Yeah, I was noticing a lot of melting as I was shoveling. Sucks only about 20 minutes from you there is 6+ on the ground.

We are really getting hammered, heavy wet snow and drifts from the 30+ mph gusts. This already feels like a legitimate storm and it looks like we have a long way to go, lots of moisture pushing in from the east. GFS has snow lasting until noon Thursday.

Airport only has .08" liquid, but I think we have 2-3". Liquid measurements aren't that great when there's so much drifting, 1-2' foot drifts in one spot I saw. Down to 30 F so no melting. I'll post pics shortly.

Yeah should be snowing Good across S. WI for much of the night!

Looks like it might be slightly ahead of schedule, maybe an hour or two.

Yeah i think citynews was calling for 10-20mm of rain before the snow in toronto, haha. 

Lets see how this progresses through the night.Temperature sitting at 0.4C in my area now :D 

0.7C at YYZ and 0.9C at Buttonville. 

Just came in from outside. I can't even enjoy watching the snow. My face got completely covered in huge sloppy cotton ball flakes.

With this wind, power outages are a real concern.

Yeah snow's falling off my cars, getting too heavy haha. 

The branches off my neighbor's tree are swaying down despite the wind, hmph. 

Stay safe man. 

I think everyone should change over gradually overnight.

Yea, I imagine so. But it's shaping up to be quite a bit lower snow total here downtown. It was great up on the escarpment though around 8pm. Overall, this must be good news that the changeover has happened earlier than predicted. 

Some really interesting mesoscale structures over Lake Michigan, they seem to be holding together and probably have very heavy precip rates. One thing making this event special for southern Wisconsin is the strong flow off Lake Michigan (and off the other lakes to the east for that matter, there's one big fetch), the marine boundary layer is enhancing snow growth big time.

http://tempest.aos.wisc.edu/radar/wi3compflash.html

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON.....DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....            ..REMARKS..0905 PM     SNOW             5 WNW DES MOINES INT AI 41.57N 93.75W02/26/2013  M6.5 INCH        POLK               IA   PUBLIC            PUBLIC REPORTS 6.5 INCHES OF SNOW SO FAR AND STILL            FALLING IN WEST DES MOINES.

Pretty much where I'm located. Can't wait to see the totals here tomorrow morning when I wake up since the band shows little signs of ending over the area. Thankfully it's not sticking like concrete.

Archived