joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2013 General Disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As expected, what snow is left you walk on without denting, and the snowbanks are like rocks. I suspect some of the more mountainous snowbanks will be there well into April.

To give you an example of the extreme water content... Im calling my depth 1". If you look into my and the neighbors backyards, it seems to be the third of the yard closest to the house has an average depth of 2" (some 3" spots), the back third of the yard has a depth of about 1" (some 2" spots) and the middle third of the yard is bare (some traces of snow). Some direct N-S facing streets have full cover on the shady side and mostly bare outside the piles on the open side.

This core sample from just over an inch of snow depth...came out to 0.52"! That is just insane from a meteorological standpoint.

3469-800.jpg

The snowfall map above actually shorts me. I'm between the 9.8-20" range.

Sun... what's that!? Looks like it will be cloudy up until Sunday.

Temperature is going down.

LOL have fun with the no sun thing.  Not shorting us here for sure.  If we dont pick up any snow with the early week system, we will be down to patches by the end of the week.

Airport in LSE shows 5 inches, but yeah..that seems like they are being generous because i'm close enough to the airport to be pretty much the same and I'm not sure i could find 5 inches in a spot that hasn't had snow piled up... 

We've been short sun around here lately, so yeah...this is nice to see.  Looks like Sat/Sun both look mostly sunny.  I'll take it.

Airport in LSE shows 5 inches, but yeah..that seems like they are being generous because i'm close enough to the airport to be pretty much the same and I'm not sure i could find 5 inches in a spot that hasn't had snow piled up... 

We've been short sun around here lately, so yeah...this is nice to see.  Looks like Sat/Sun both look mostly sunny.  I'll take it.

Short on sun for that area would probably be record Sun for us.

In response to your hand pick ridic cold run at 18z a few days ago how about todays 12z......

12zGFS11-15day850mbTempAnomalyNA.gif

Well, in all fairness, today's 11-15 day map would be valid for a different time period than the one he posted. Others have laid out support for why the cold could come back after a warm up.

Archived