• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 2013 General Disco

snowstormcanuck

Well, in all fairness, today's 11-15 day map would be valid for a different time period than the one he posted. Others have laid out support for why the cold could come back after a warm up.

I know that I dont put much merit into it...  Though the 6-10 shows above normal as well

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Short on sun for that area would probably be record Sun for us.

In response to your hand pick ridic cold run at 18z a few days ago how about todays 12z......

Looks like you might be able to frolic around in 40 degree weather now.

That MRCC map is off in NE Lake County and up into Kenosha County.  Average 13-14" on the ground around here.

0.3" snow today so far. Flakes have been tiny though.

Pictures of the snowy countryside.

Never know there was a lake right there - but this is at Lake Andrea just southwest of Kenosha.

Close to the stateline in Pleasant Prairie.

Frozen Des Plaines River near Russel, IL.

Yes, lord knows it will change every run anyways. There is no point being proven.

The point was this guy hand picked an 18z 11-15 day model run when la crossed office was making a 7 to 8 day prognosis and my 15 day prongs were only in response to his stupid 15 day response to mine

Nice pics Geos. Looks completely like mid-winter with the fresh white. nothing fresh about what snow we have here, but it is the hardest glacier Ive ever seen. Snowbanks in parking lots literally are rock solid. And by that I mean it is basically impossible to kick and actually leave a dent. Very gray start to March today, spitting flurries and a steel sky. Reminds you of an early winter day rather than a late winter day. Took these 2 pics when out today (I love the old homes).

3470-800.jpg

3471-800.jpg

Little LES kicking up now. Only about 5dbz, but it's something.

High of only 27° today. A good 10° below normal.

Edit: Starting to see accumulation from the LES building.

Hey Geos, how much accumulation do you have? Is it sticking to all surfaces?

Februaries that finished within 0.5º of the Feb 2013 mean temperature of 30.9º...and rolling forward for March, for Indianapolis. Small sample size, but this method did pretty well for the January to February outlook. 

1966: 30.4º...43.3º

1937: 30.4º...37.0º

1924: 30.5º...35.6º

1962: 30.7º...37.7º

1951: 30.7º...37.8º

1948: 31.0º...41.2º

1933: 31.0º...39.6º

1903: 31.0º...47.2º

1888: 31.0º...36.0º

1996: 31.2º...35.6º

1986: 31.4º...43.9º

Signal is for a cooler than normal March for Indianapolis. Only three of the eleven were warmer than normal. Seven of the Marches were significantly cooler than normal.

I have over a foot of snow in most places that can be walked on without falling through at all...even the top layer.

I hope we get a slow melt from sunshine rather than a heavy rainstorm. That would be a GIANT mess around here, as there are huge snow piles everywhere, along with the deep snowpack equal to several inches of water.

Normal daily max/min temperatures for March 1, 11, 21, and 31 for the four long term sites in Indiana. And normal total precipitation and snowfall for the month as well.

Evansville

March 1: 51/31

March 11: 55/34

March 21: 59/37

March 31: 62/40

Normal total precipitation: 4.24"

Normal total snowfall: 1.0"

Fort Wayne

March 1: 41/24

March 11: 46/27

March 21: 50/30

March 31: 55/34

Normal total precipitation: 2.71"

Normal total snowfall: 4.1"

Indianapolis

March 1: 45/28

March 11: 50/31

March 21: 54/34

March 31: 58/38

Normal total precipitation: 3.56"

Normal total snowfall: 2.6"

South Bend

March 1: 40/24

March 11: 44/27

March 21: 49/30

March 31: 53/33

Normal total precipitation: 2.42"

Normal total snowfall: 7.1"

Looks like 31º for the high at LAF today, 13º below the normal of 44º.

On and off light snow since this morning. IWXwx's kind of day. 

Yeah, lovin' it. ;)

It seems like in this northwest flow pattern that we've been experiencing, any little impulse is squeezing every bit of moisture and producing mood flakes. However, the good synoptic systems just swing and miss our area.

Yeah, lovin' it. ;)

It seems like in this northwest flow pattern that we've been experiencing, any little impulse is squeezing every bit of moisture and producing mood flakes. However, the good synoptic systems just swing and miss our area.

We're killing it with mood flakes events. Really have had a good number of days with flakes, for LAF. But like you said...when it really counts, we fail miserably. 

Archived