• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 4

hm8

I am not denying the boredom to come I am just not understanding the celebration of it.

Snowstorm potential around March 25th. Even it ends up cold and dry, I don't think people are so much celebrating the boredome, its more we heard "morch" all winter then in recent weeks (when its become apparent there is no morch) some are looking at one warm model run or just picking random dates to say warmth is coming and its not happening. Almost like a friendly competition with the heat misers and snow misers. I still will take my chances in a cold pattern, hell even if its just a clipper like sat. But for the severe wx lovers or just those ready for spring I can understand thw frustration.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowstorm potential around March 25th. Even it ends up cold and dry, I don't think people are so much celebrating the boredome, its more we heard "morch" all winter then in recent weeks (when its become apparent there is no morch) some are looking at one warm model run or just picking random dates to say warmth is coming and its not happening. Almost like a friendly competition with the heat misers and snow misers. I still will take my chances in a cold pattern, hell even if its just a clipper like sat. But for the severe wx lovers or just those ready for spring I can understand thw frustration.

1/100

12z GFS looks cold right through April 4th...

Just watch.  The predicted warmup will keep getting pushed back... just like the "deep freeze" kept getting pushed back last Dec/Jan.

first week of April? ....

nope...

mid April?...

nope...

first week of May?...

nope...

June...

Death Ridge Lock-In Time!!!!!!

:axe:

There is a very epic Morch ongoing ATM. Its centered over the arctic/north pole regions. Not a good place for it either.

An epic torch in March isn't going to melt the ice if that's what you're implying. Instead of -20F it might be in the single digits above zero.

It was only 2 degrees above normal in Barrow.

Just watch.  The predicted warmup will keep getting pushed back... just like the "deep freeze" kept getting pushed back last Dec/Jan.

first week of April? ....

nope...

mid April?...

nope...

first week of May?...

nope...

June...

Death Ridge Lock-In Time!!!!!!

:axe:

There's rationalizing and then there's just nonsense...

It was only 2 degrees above normal in Barrow.

An epic torch in March isn't going to melt the ice if that's what you're implying. Instead of -20F it might be in the single digits above zero.

I guess 558dm heights & 18+ 850 temp anomalies over Greenland and the Arctic Ocean are no big deal then. lol

March 25th snowstorm potential- the GFS and its ensembles have had a snowstorm for a few days now....some suppressed, some a direct hit, and some north. Todays 18z is the best yet (op-run) here with over 0.70" qpf of snow. Also every ensemble but one hits us with snow. But I see the GEM doesnt have it and per the Euro output it doesnt either. Im wondering if any of the euro ensembles show a storm.

March 25th snowstorm potential- the GFS and its ensembles have had a snowstorm for a few days now....some suppressed, some a direct hit, and some north. Todays 18z is the best yet (op-run) here with over 0.70" qpf of snow. Also every ensemble but one hits us with snow. But I see the GEM doesnt have it and per the Euro output it doesnt either. Im wondering if any of the euro ensembles show a storm.

The GFS is likely wrong given the tanking AO (although it does rebound by the time of the storm in question just a bit), but then again, the GFS did well with the last storm, so this upcoming event is something to keep an eye on in the S Great Lakes anyway.  North of that, cold dry air is likely to be too much to overcome.

DC crowd all over this....that usually ends up boding well for someone in our region. Now all we need is DT declaring "no fking way this cuts to Chicago".

DC crowd all over this....that usually ends up boding well for someone in our region. Now all we need is DT declaring "no fking way this cuts to Chicago".

In his weekly video yesterday he said if anything happens it will either be on or just off the east coast. Said the pattern was right but then added that "March snow storms this far south are very unusual, so inherently the probability of it happening this year are low".

Don't tell me they want to shut down the city for another 35-degree rainstorm :lmao:

Seriously....Im never a fan of jumping on a model solution...what I like is ensemble agreement....and pretty much every gfs ens has a snowstorm. The best spot you can be is if some hit you, some go south of you, and some go north of you :lol:

Counting down the days for DT to post "GFS on CRACK...BOZO the MET   to...no fooking w ay snow gos NORTH of OHoi RIVER///EURO shows HISTROIC spring snowstorm for DC/VA"

In his weekly video yesterday he said if anything happens it will either be on or just off the east coast. Said the pattern was right but then added that "March snow storms this far south are very unusual, so inherently the probability of it happening this year are low".

It's interesting to see the gfs so far north. This might be one of those times where the euro begins to cave to the gfs and we end up with another slopfest in the OV and a wet snowstorm further nw.

Don't tell me they want to shut down the city for another 35-degree rainstorm :lmao:

Seriously....Im never a fan of jumping on a model solution...what I like is ensemble agreement....and pretty much every gfs ens has a snowstorm. The best spot you can be is if some hit you, some go south of you, and some go north of you :lol:

Counting down the days for DT to post "GFS on CRACK...BOZO the MET   to...no fooking w ay snow gos NORTH of OHoi RIVER///EURO shows HISTROIC spring snowstorm for DC/VA"

Yeah, but the GFS and its ensembles are generally alone at the moment, so that's a bit concerning.  Then again, the GEM and long range NAM (a couple of those more southern looking solutions) are not exactly good models to take into account.

Awesome addition to the SPC mesoanalysis pages that I just noticed today, not sure if it's been brought up in here yet. They now provide a climatology for lat/lon points (that you double click in the map to call up) base on the tornado environment browser (2003-2011). You can break the variables down by convective mode (supercell vs. QLCS), by statistical graphs, maps, or diurnal breakdown.

The work they've done in recent years is top notch. Should be a great tool for this season, and I know many people in here will enjoy these.

Yeah, but the GFS and its ensembles are generally alone at the moment, so that's a bit concerning.  Then again, the GEM and long range NAM (a couple of those more southern looking solutions) are not exactly good models to take into account.

Noticed the 18z nogaps pulled hard into the gfs camp....really far north as in rainstorm for Ohio. Up until 18z it was suppressed like the euro. Probably means nothing but usually the nogaps suppresses everything.

Awesome addition to the SPC mesoanalysis pages that I just noticed today, not sure if it's been brought up in here yet. They now provide a climatology for lat/lon points (that you double click in the map to call up) base on the tornado environment browser (2003-2011). You can break the variables down by convective mode (supercell vs. QLCS), by statistical graphs, maps, or diurnal breakdown.

The work they've done in recent years is top notch. Should be a great tool for this season, and I know many people in here will enjoy these.

Wow, that is outstanding. 

Noticed the 18z nogaps pulled hard into the gfs camp....really far north as in rainstorm for Ohio. Up until 18z it was suppressed like the euro. Probably means nothing but usually the nogaps suppresses everything.

Good thing we don't have a "first poster to mention the NOGAPs" contest for this storm, lol (j/k).

Archived