• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 4

hm8

Neither one of us was correct so I don't see the point of bumping something other than to cause pointless argumentative discussion. 

Oh really? So now you cannot read? You started it and you were wrong. So just drop it instead of trying to weasel out of it and dragging the debate on. You are now causing the pointless debate. Learn from it and move on.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh really? So now you cannot read? You started it and you were wrong. So just drop it instead of trying to weasel out of it and dragging the debate on. You are now causing the pointless debate. Learn from it and move on.

I said it would warm up around the 7th, it did, I was just wrong on the longevity of it. We both were wrong and right at the same time. 

I said it would warm up around the 7th, it did, I was just wrong on the longevity of it. We both were wrong and right at the same time. 

How was i wrong? We went above normal for two days and thus what i said the extent of any such warm up ( above normal temps/torch ) would be?

Fully agree.

I am sticking to my call that we don't see any meaningful stretches of above normal temps ( torch like stuff )  till perhaps April at the earliest. At best a day or two shot IF we are lucky.

Quoting again for Stebo. Feel free to look further back as well.

Fine you were right about the one or two days thus far. If you feel the need to lord this over me then do so, I could care less. 

Not gonna laud this over you. That was not the intent of why i pulled it up. Point blank. Stop acting like a douche and nobody will laud anything over you. Thus next time when i share thoughts on here don't come at me the way you did and all will be fine. I am not the one.

Not gonna laud this over you. That was not the intent of why i pulled it up. Point blank. Stop acting like a douche and nobody will laud anything over you. Thus next time when i share thoughts on here don't come at me the way you did and all will be fine. I am not the one.

It is exactly how you come off in this post below, but it is fine I won't waste my time on long range stuff anymore anyways. Every time I do it ends up changing. 

Next time think before you jump into a post of mine and basically accuse me of wishcasting.

It is exactly how you come off in this post below, but it is fine I won't waste my time on long range stuff anymore anyways. Every time I do it ends up changing. 

Just was stating the obvious? :unsure:

Had you not done that we would not be having this discussion. You follow?

What i am saying is that you need to chill out with going after people on here. Just trying to give you some friendly advice. ;)

What i am saying is that you need to chill out with going after people on here. Just trying to give you some friendly advice. ;)

I don't need your advice

Just my .02 cents, but at the time the statement was made it really did look like there was a warmup on tap after about the 7-9th.  I remember seeing that signal for a while, and although it did not end up long term I think that the original intent behind what Stebo was saying held true to a certain degree.  The long term forecast may not have verified to a high degree, but it was very reasonable at the time.  This current blocking regime has lasted a lot longer then normal, and forecasting that is VERY iffy.  I don't think abnormal conditions call for very much, " I told you so" because the odds are strongly against something like this occurring.  

I don't need your advice

Well then feel free to keep making a ass of yourself.

Just my .02 cents, but at the time the statement was made it really did look like there was a warmup on tap after about the 7-9th.  I remember seeing that signal for a while, and although it did not end up long term I think that the original intent behind what Stebo was saying held true to a certain degree.  The long term forecast may not have verified to a high degree, but it was very reasonable at the time.  This current blocking regime has lasted a lot longer then normal, and forecasting that is VERY iffy.  I don't think abnormal conditions call for very much, " I told you so" because the odds are strongly against something like this occurring.  

I had no issue with that. This is the wx and all will bust at some point or another including myself. It happens. My issue was more so him suggesting that i was wishcasting when i disagreed. That is not how you approach a debate when you disagree with someone.

There is reasons why some blocks do tend to last longer. What we have is not unheard of and has happened before. Reasons why this could go on for a bit longer as well. I have touched on some of it which relates to the Pacific, QBO, solar, etc. Pattern could flip as well at some point in April. I have not looked at everything as closely too much recently. I don't care to make any half ass guesses so i wont say what is gonna happen further out till i do look at everything which i plan to do. :)

I am hoping for more action. Don't care if it is snow, heavy duty rains or some nice boomers. It is spring so cold, warm etc is to be expected and thus i don't care about the temps. Wanting/expecting just/mostly warm or cold is just setting yourself up for major disappointment especially in March.

Exactly my point, you seem to forget I still have an account over there. Boast all you want over there if it makes you sleep better at night over a forecast discussion like this. 

:facepalm:

Nobody is boasting and all is free to go look as well if they like. Ofcourse you may now get a few laughing at you for carrying on like this. Just let it drop dude.

:facepalm:

Nobody is boasting and all is free to go look as well if they like. Ofcourse you may now get a few laughing at you for carrying on like this. Just let it drop dude.

I believe his point was that you brought it all out to show by collecting several of his posts and then let it fly with the whole "I told you so" implication, as nwburbs adequately mapped out. To be quite honest, I got the similar sort of vibe as well from this.

Not sure what went on in your forum though.

I believe his point was that you brought it all out to show by collecting several of his posts and then let it fly with the whole "I told you so" implication, as nwburbs adequately mapped out. To be quite honest, I got the similar sort of vibe as well from this.

Not sure what went on in your forum though.

As said had he not accused me of wishcasting i would have never bumped that all up. When have you or anyone else here seen me bump like that? I have bumped my own calls for verification stuff ( busts and hits ) but that is it.

As mentioned a few posts back we all have busted at some point or another and that includes myself. Thus i don't care much about the call. :)

Anyways back to the wx discussion.

Not saying they are correct but it is pretty remarkable how the models and their ensembles ( GFS/GGEM/EURO ) continue to show the cold/below normal temps holding strong right till the end of the month. Even the euro weeklies has it below/much below normal till the 1st of April. They do atleast show more seasonable temps after the 1st for the first week of April. Same for the CFS well they show above normal temps arriving after week one BUT the CFS monthlies shows above normal temps for April now. Same for the euro monthlies. See how this all holds up.

Are you ****ing kidding me. Look in the mirror Sir.

The personal bullish*t really is not needed. Most people people don't want to read the back and forth insults. We're all adults here, right? Some make good calls, some make bad calls...but weather remains a pretty difficult thing to predict. That's part of the reason we're here, correct? To discuss the weather like gentlemen and ladies. If you have a problem with someone personally, it's probably best to take it private. At least IMHO.    

The personal bullish*t really is not needed. Most people people don't want to read the back and forth insults. We're all adults here, right? Some make good calls, some make bad calls...but weather remains a pretty difficult thing to predict. That's part of the reason we're here, correct? To discuss the weather like gentlemen and ladies. If you have a problem with someone personally, it's probably best to take it private. At least IMHO.    

Why you've never become a MOD is beyond me.

End of the GEFS looks like it's trying to form a trough-ridge-trough set up. I've seen HM saying this was a possibility. NAO looks to be trying to get to neutral, or fairly/farly east based if anything. So while March is "toast", except for isolated 1-2 day "warm ups" for some, it wouldn't surprise me if the first week of April turns warmer...though maybe the farther west in the sub-forum, the better initially. But we all know the fickle-ness of long range forecasting. 

NAEFS continues to get even more bullish on the cold... Obviously normals are rising every day, so cold this time of year is around freezing....  but still..this sucks

They can't meet my salary demands.

:D

Its salaried anyways...

The long term GFS was waffling between cold and warm for days, but its failed to show any warmth for the last several days of runs now.

Unless it's a fluke 12z GFS has quite the 984 bomb over eastern Nebraska March 21 with significant snows and svr wx all a possibility if this is anything but fantasyland over the next week.  Something to watch at least.

Well, several of the ensemble members actually have a more potent system than the OP advertises, which obviously would be fairly impressive. Most of them have some kind of storm around this time period.

Archived