amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 4

hm8

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z GGEM almost a mirror image of the UK at 144 hours. Weakens/transfers rapidly thereafter.

attachicon.gif3:19 0z GGEM 144.gif

I think this type of scenario is the least likely.  When do you ever see a low that strong move ne into southern IL and then transfer?  It doesn't happen.  A low that strong would continue driving into...at least...northern IN/OH before it began to occlude and transfer.    Other options would be a weaker low further southeast that bombs the coast or a full blown primary to the lakes...block be damned.

I think this type of scenario is the least likely.  When do you ever see a low that strong move ne into southern IL and then transfer?  It doesn't happen.

It's happened several times in the past, not sure why you're saying it's not possible. But weakening/occluding is what is more likely.  

pass on the 1-2" slop fest the GFS is advertising...that thing looks just like all the other near miss turds this winter.

If its going to be cold anyways I'll take that over boring suppression.  I'll take an ice storm at this point. 

Looks like one of those that won't be resolved until it's within 24 hours.  Worst run-to-run consistency ever.

I bet parts of the U.P will still have a solid snow Cover in Early May...

6+ inches of water... A few spots touching 8 inches.

Most likely the warm-up will be very instant when it does happen, because of the solar energy warming up the southern states.

Rivers and ultimately the great lakes should move out of the danger zone for the summer.

12z GGEM throws out a bizarro solution. Way northwest initially, then moves/sorta transfers east...and nails northern IL.

Could also bomb out over Kansas and then occlude and fizzle before moving east.  Or be a complete dud.  The polar jet is really constipated looking and there's a lack of healthy wave separation.

Archived