joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8/9 Blizzard of 13' Images

TalcottWx

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, longtime lurker, first time poster. Let me just say what a tremendous resource this site is. The intellectual capital both mets and studied amateurs bring to this board is second to none and the colorful personalities and unabashed enthusiasm for weather abounding here makes this a special community for sure.

I just wanted to share a photo my parents sent me. They live in Hamden, CT and guesstimate they had about 40"! As thrilled as I was with the storm in Boston, what I would give to go back a few days and make the trip home for this storm. Unreal.

So for some context, the photo is out of a second floor window which looks across a flat section of roof. Gives you an idea of the depth of the snow. Enjoy!post-9133-0-67117100-1360507813_thumb.jp 

Hi guys, longtime lurker, first time poster. Let me just say what a tremendous resource this site is. The intellectual capital both mets and studied amateurs bring to this board is second to none and the colorful personalities and unabashed enthusiasm for weather abounding here makes this a special community for sure.

I just wanted to share a photo my parents sent me. They live in Hamden, CT and guesstimate they had about 40"! As thrilled as I was with the storm in Boston, what I would give to go back a few days and make the trip home for this storm. Unreal.

So for some context, the photo is out of a second floor window which looks across a flat section of roof. Gives you an idea of the depth of the snow. Enjoy!attachicon.gifhttp://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=89244'>Roof Snow.jpg 

Yes it is and wow, there's your 40 inch spot, just wow

Archived