northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 8-9th Blizzard Thread

dryslot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh.. gfs has gotten better. But I'm not anywhere near convinced gfs has better expertise than gfs right now. Euro is on a hot hand nailing this early

The point you missed is that the GFS often flags systems earlier than the ECM, but then loses them - but that has merit in its self, IF you know how and when to use the model.  

kind of surprised the euor moved east by 50 miles tonite, but no biggie i think? for ME. i mean now that i have computer i will look at my fav meso. 0z hrrr and 0z btv wrf.

wonder if euro qpf for bos is still 2.50+

i imagine NYC crew is bridge jumping

and i hope these east ticks are over, no need to start shifting east after 7 straight runs

About 2.5" for YBY.

That's literally so outstandingly awesome.

2.5" not taking into account any enhanced banding, smaller scale benefits like oes accums, and potentially higher than 10:1 ratios.

2.5" with 60-70mph wind gusts. Everyone just pause and think about that. Then think about it in the biggest city in new england. God I am excited.

That's literally so outstandingly awesome.

2.5" not taking into account any enhanced banding, smaller scale benefits like oes accums, and potentially higher than 10:1 ratios.

2.5" with 60-70mph wind gusts. Everyone just pause and think about that. Then think about it in the biggest city in new england. God I am excited.

Regression to the mean ftw....climo catch up

kind of surprised the euor moved east by 50 miles tonite, but no biggie i think? for ME. i mean now that i have computer i will look at my fav meso. 0z hrrr and 0z btv wrf.

and i hope these east ticks are over, no need to start shifting east after 7 straight runs

Not really.. Theyre pretty happy, reporting that the Euro shows them with about 1.75" qpf..   Which from the sound of it is more than Im getting in my neck of the woods, which would really be a shocker..

No, not up here, though maybe in S CT it does...it moves more NE rather than due N...

Thanks.   Perhaps the NYC reports are accurate, then.  They seem quite content with this Euro run after a lot of GFS-induced angst.  Sounds like we might do pretty well if the contours are pretty linear SW to NE.

Thanks again!

why? 1.75"+ as per Earthlight and its colder...no problem here

Sorry to be a blatant douch*....but after what we over here have gone through starting with Oct 2011, I'm glad.

Agree 1000 % Ray. I'm Sick of Western NE cashing in on Snowstorms and winning Superbowls. 1978 is most famous around here and it didn't crush them. We don't Need them to be in crush zone for this to be Historic. This is Our Storm.

E NE special en route.

Archived