joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a friendly reminder for those of you who live in Hunterdon/Middlesex/Monmouth/Morris/Ocean/Somerset/Sussex/Warren Counties, make sure you post your totals here http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/39243-observations-only-the-storm-they-couldnt-punt-28-29 since you live in Mount Holly's CWA, and we have mets from the office that post/read there and they can use your obs for snowfall totals.

Thanks!

Great stuff!  Is that Lipmann Drive you're on, looking over towars Passion Puddle?  Spent a lot of time around there, as I used to play disc golf 3-4 days a week over on Cook in the 80s - was one of the early membes of the PDGA (Professional disc golf association).  My username refers to my 3 degree years at RU (chem eng'g). 

Thanks!  Yes I was on Lipman Drive...nothing like walking around Cook Campus during a snowstorm!

About 12" here in Long Beach-definitely more than I was expecting after all the sleet we had. Some of the snow late last night was the heaviest I've seen in a very long time. I might just have to make a drive up Route 110 though to see the snow up there. 3 feet-unbelievable. Congrats up there.

you guys deserved it I felt terrible when everyone was snowing and you guys (including my parents in merrick who I told to expect 12+, which they eventually received) were warm tongued. It worked out for basically everyone

...QUEENS COUNTY...

MIDDLE VILLAGE 15.0 810 AM 2/09 PUBLIC

ASTORIA 12.5 1000 AM 2/09 PUBLIC

NYC/LA GUARDIA 12.1 700 AM 2/09 FAA CONTRACT OBSERVER

COLLEGE POINT 11.1 500 AM 2/09 NWS EMPLOYEE

FLUSHING 11.0 900 AM 2/09 SKYWARN SPOTTER

BAYSIDE 11.0 615 AM 2/09 SKYWARN SPOTTER

FOREST HILLS 9.8 600 AM 2/09 SKYWARN SPOTTER

RICHMOND HILL 9.5 1100 AM 2/09 PUBLIC

REGO PARK 8.5 830 AM 2/09 SKYWARN SPOTTER

KEW GARDENS 8.5 200 AM 2/09 PUBLIC

FRESH MEADOWS 8.2 900 AM 2/09 PUBLIC