• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

LGA is likely about 11, EWR 10, JFK 7-8 based on extrapolating what they had in their METARS

thanks sounds right. Other areas in Essex and Union are between 10 and near a foot.

I wonder about the park.

UPPER WEST SIDE 10.2 400 AM 2/09 SKYWARN SPOTTER

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondering if anyone else noticed this. I'm in se Nassau, so when I look up current conditions from a weather site the numbers typically come from farmingdale. I have not checked every hour but every time I do it says rain/snow, even right now. What's that about?

it's automated so the ASOS is probably faulty or something, happens in every storm; noticed the same thing here in KISP..

Wondering if anyone else noticed this. I'm in se Nassau, so when I look up current conditions from a weather site the numbers typically come from farmingdale. I have not checked every hour but every time I do it says rain/snow, even right now. What's that about?

The Air Traffic Controller manually inserted "rain and snow" into the observation and never took it out.  A not-uncommon error with smaller airports.

Did I hear right CPK cames in with 8 ? 11 and 12. To there N, S, E, W. Thought they would finish better

They had 8.1 at 1am, they recorded 0.27 liquid equivalent after that, so they should come in with at least 10.8 or more likely 11.2-11.5 or so, again though with the 2-3 hour delay from when the snow stopped til they measure in about 5 minutes you never know.

As of 6:45 AM...there has been about 25.5" for snow at my location on Port Jefferson, NY. Snow has stopped but, with many coastal storms, some light snow showers could redevelop over the next couple of hours.         

Great stuff! Is that Lipmann Drive you're on, looking over towars Passion Puddle? Spent a lot of time around there, as I used to play disc golf 3-4 days a week over on Cook in the 80s - was one of the early membes of the PDGA (Professional disc golf association). My username refers to my 3 degree years at RU (chem eng'g).

Ru what was your finally total? 10?

They had 8.1 at 1am, they recorded 0.27 liquid equivalent after that, so they should come in with at least 10.8 or more likely 11.2-11.5 or so, again though with the 2-3 hour delay from when the snow stopped til they measure in about 5 minutes you never know.

I bet 1k they get 10 lol. I need to hit that number. Lol

Archived