joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best snow in at least 2 years.  Went out around 1:00 pm to shovel and it took me about 90 minutes and by the time I was done, there was another 2.5" where I had shoveled!  My measurement at 2:30 am (average of several and there's little wind, so it's pretty accurate) was 9.0", so we made it to the 8-12" range I was calling for, which makes me happy for the call, but moreso, because we got this gorgeous, light, fluffy, highly crystalline, low moisture content snow.  Some of the heaviest snow I've seen in awhile with true 1/4 mile visibility for the last 30 minutes I was out there (in the last 30 minutes an inch fell).   We should be able to get to 10", at least, judging by the radar and with a little luck what looks like our last good band will train over us for an hour or two and get us to 12"!  Would love it...

I'm going with your estimate...metuchen is close enough to me....we have a shot at a foot...this isnot he heartbreak 2/6/10 was...we at least got in on some of the show...can't always have the bullseye like 2011!

Is Bergenfield #2? If it is I have been pretty much in line with Bergenfield.

Bergenfield hasn't reported since 10pm

...BERGEN COUNTY...   RIVERVALE             15.0   200 AM  2/09  PUBLIC   RIVER VALE            13.5   130 AM  2/09  PUBLIC   HILLSDALE             12.5   130 AM  2/09  PUBLIC   BERGENFIELD           10.4  1000 PM  2/08  SKYWARN SPOTTER   CRESSKILL             10.0   150 AM  2/09  PUBLIC   RAMSEY                 7.8  1000 PM  2/08  SKYWARN SPOTTER   RIDGEWOOD              7.7  1000 PM  2/08  SKYWARN SPOTTER   TENAFLY                7.2  1130 PM  2/08  PUBLIC   PARK RIDGE             7.0  1000 PM  2/08  SKYWARN SPOTTER   MAHWAH                 6.6  1000 PM  2/08  SKYWARN SPOTTER   HARRINGTON PARK        6.1  1000 PM  2/08  TRAINED SPOTTER   WYCKOFF                6.0   951 PM  2/08  PUBLIC   SADDLE BROOK           5.8  1000 PM  2/08  SKYWARN SPOTTER

Snow depth as of 3AM:

LGA 10

EWR 9

JFK 5

Really?  JFK only 5"?  How'd your folks in Ewing end up?  Looks like they might be under the end of the last gasp band.  Had 9" here as of 2:30 am and it's been snowing decently since then, although not quite as hard as that epic band many of us just went through - there was definitely a period where I think I got an inch in 20 minutes or 3"/hr.  So maybe I'm at 10-11" now.  Might nap a few hours and take a final measurement. 

Really?  JFK only 5"?  How'd your folks in Ewing end up?  Looks like they might be under the end of the last gasp band.  Had 9" here as of 2:30 am and it's been snowing decently since then, although not quite as hard as that epic band many of us just went through - there was definitely a period where I think I got an inch in 20 minutes or 3"/hr.  So maybe I'm at 10-11" now.  Might nap a few hours and take a final measurement. 

We have much, much more than 5" here.. Probably closing in on a foot. Can barely see across the street,

Archived