Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so too, and it does seem doable. 

I couldn't see the tree across the street. I wasn't here for 1/27/11, so this was the heaviest snow I've ever seen, and not even close. The 2nd closest was the 12/19/09 band, followed by 2/10/10. 

haha the band slowed down a lot in Central/eastern nassau and extreme werstern suffolk...heavy snow again ..merrick

Glad to have a met agree with me.  And it def pushed through fast like it was bowing out.  Totally looks like that on radar in southern Nassau if u check out this link.  There were some gusty winds with it.  It was almost dead calm before that.  Now I'm still in mod snow but the winds almost calm.  Slight breeze.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=pan&prevzoom=zoom&num=6&frame=0&delay=15&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&ID=OKX&type=N0R&showstorms=0&lat=40.76090622&lon=-73.32774353&label=Deer%20Park,%20NY&map.x=400&map.y=240&scale=1.000&centerx=400&centery=240&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&lerror=20&num_stns_min=2&num_stns_max=9999&avg_off=9999&smooth=0

Awesome, thanks for saving that radar loop! 

I've never seen four inches an hour rates before until just now. We kinda sweet spotted it here at the Monmouth county shore when the band went through. Storm total as of bed time 11 inches. That was worth waiting up for and I spent the entire hour in my car in the driveway just watching it with an open mouth.

After it passed here I was watching it train over your area 35 to 45 dbz for at least an hour, that must have been awesome. Congrats on the 11" You'll probably jackpot Monmouth with a foot when all is said and done. I'm looking at closing around 8".

Look at it stalling near Route 110, must be absolutely dumping out that way. I can't even imagine what Smithtown or Port Jeff. residents will wake up to tomorrow. Might be some 3 foot reports out there.

I'm northport and my cars are buried I was at 22" at 1:45

Really?  JFK only 5"?  How'd your folks in Ewing end up?  Looks like they might be under the end of the last gasp band.  Had 9" here as of 2:30 am and it's been snowing decently since then, although not quite as hard as that epic band many of us just went through - there was definitely a period where I think I got an inch in 20 minutes or 3"/hr.  So maybe I'm at 10-11" now.  Might nap a few hours and take a final measurement. 

Yeah.  JFK is up to 6" as of 4AM.  Didn't see a report from EWR or LGA.

Parents are asleep, won't hear from them til 6 or 7.  They had 2.2" at midnight.  I imagine they got another 2-3 so ended up in the 4-5" range.

...woke up at 3am..looked outside and couldn't go back to sleep..at first 

glance i would say 18"..its gonna be nearly impossible to shovel this..there is

about 1/2' on the bottom layer thats like cement..UNREAL..had it all..thundersnow,

sleet,rain..now @ 4:19 am its still ripping out there..the plow marks on the street

are over 3'..

Archived