joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS so close....is there any reason to think the OV low will just disappear?

Earlier I said this was such a long shot because we would need the northern branch to weaken and not destroy the thermal profile as much but then also for the southern system to amplify quickly.  So far the trend in all the models is for both... less influence from the northern branch AND a more dominant southern system.  We really are so so close now... and perhaps if the trend continues this might be salvageable.  I am still very interested in the pattern coming up later in Feb also. 

Well, 2 beats 1 most of the time.  We've got the low strengthening which should wrap in some ne flow, and the high to the ne doing the same thing, vs the low to our west trying to pull in warm air from the sw (which isn't an easy thing to do in our area this time of year, especially if it weakens a little).

2>1  (I hope)

The coolest part about the gfs is the 850 line has been south to way south of us for like 1000 straight hours now but it does such a sweet job at moving n of us as precip moves and but thank god it quickly drops south right after the precip is gone. It's like ballet it's so pretty. 

Warm/Wet and Cold/Dry is one the most beautiful cycles in nature. Truly an amazing planet we live on!

The coolest part about the gfs is the 850 line has been south to way south of us for like 1000 straight hours now but it does such a sweet job at moving n of us as precip moves and but thank god it quickly drops south right after the precip is gone. It's like ballet it's so pretty

Unintended pun?

Seek help quickly.

this would really hurt if it was all rain. Noreaster with a 1035 high in early Feb during a cold pattern and somehow its mostly rain. The Euro has been trending colder the past few runs

Oh dear Ji, don't do it bro...don't invest...just watch. Right now it's nothing...assume it stays that way...don't set yourself up for a world of sad. Take a trip to Boston, it's a cheap flight.

nothing, I mean nothing, has been a slam-dunk this year at 3-4 days for anyone on the east coast

I guess there's always a first time, but I don't believe it

in fact, the Euro came in cold for us last night and I wouldn't be surprised to see it continue that trend especially in light of all the systems that have been crushed/dampened to the south this year

<now watch it trend north>  :axe:

this would really hurt if it was all rain. Noreaster with a 1035 high in early Feb during a cold pattern and somehow its mostly rain. The Euro has been trending colder the past few runs

probably b/c it was too amped like always tho hm says that's hogwash i suppose

do you think it's really going to look like that in 102 hrs?

I sure don't....I just don't know what it really will look like     lol

my guess is that our numbers go down and boston's numbers go up

but this is kind of a shady pattern for a big snowstorm so maybe everyone will bust

The takeaway from that to me is....previous runs showed nothing...this is one where you don't worry about what someone else may be getting and just be happy if your area gets anything. Liking the trends for now but who knows...it is only Tuesday

I'd be pretty stoked if the brown turd over e mass was dropped here instead. I guess it's so bad here we can't even get a deuce dropped on us when we want it.

do you think it's really going to look like that in 102 hrs?

I sure don't....I just don't know what it really will look like     lol

I think it will look somewhat better. Just a feeling, I like the trend the last 2 days. We have Climo on our side; we have a 1037 hi and the GFS has the storm now. Time to strap in.

Archived