• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

I like to look at the ens members, not to look for one that suits me, but to see what the majority look like. From the looks of the gfs mems it would seem a basic whiff is a possibility. I can't see the euro members but from your post earlier it didn't sound anywhere close to the euro op. I get what you're saying about moving to the middle. Makes sense. But the SREFS have to have some usefulness, and the 15z members had about a third that seem to develop this thing in a different fashion, taking the precip on a more inside track through our area and the out to the ne. I can't see the 21z members yet, but the mean would suggest that some members are still in that camp. Point being with all the different scenarios, it would seem the whole situation is far from certain.

I'd just like to see some front end frozen.

Lol why? Haven't you seen enough unsatisfying slop storms and weak clippers...at this point I want at least a MECS or eff it, I will start looking forward to spring.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to look at the ens members, not to look for one that suits me, but to see what the majority look like. From the looks of the gfs mems it would seem a basic whiff is a possibility. I can't see the euro members but from your post earlier it didn't sound anywhere close to the euro op. I get what you're saying about moving to the middle. Makes sense. But the SREFS have to have some usefulness, and the 15z members had about a third that seem to develop this thing in a different fashion, taking the precip on a more inside track through our area and the out to the ne. I can't see the 21z members yet, but the mean would suggest that some members are still in that camp. Point being with all the different scenarios, it would seem the whole situation is far from certain.

I'd just like to see some front end frozen.

21Z SREFs move the system right along and do not deepen it anything like the Euro

the mean comes close to giving us snow too

Sfc is colder, I mean N/s vort digs less from the looks of it, haven't looked at h5, but s/s wave is more north as well. 

That midwest low and position of the High just kills the chances at this latitude...tracking these threats on the models in an unfavorable pattern really underscores the importance of a 50/50 or decent h.l. blocking. Yeah we will track and watch the evolution, but unless you are kidding yourself or have very low expectations(ie a bit of front end frozen will do it for you) the outcome is not going to be especially good for this region.

NAM is a nice improvement I suppose, and yes we need the slower NS to allow a better cleaner earlier phase which then switches off to the coastal low quicker and allows the high to funnel in more cold.

Still, looks like nothing really.

Not really sure how you're so sure of what this will be when it is clearly a fluid situation at this time. Temps are close, get that ns delayed, further west which is what the NAM appears to be doing, get the precip coming in from a more sw direction, give the cad a little better chance, and you have something different altogether. I wouldn't dare say what this will be on Friday morning at this point.

Not really sure how you're so sure of what this will be when it is clearly a fluid situation at this time. Temps are close, get that ns delayed, further west which is what the NAM appears to be doing, get the precip coming in from a more sw direction, give the cad a little better chance, and you have something different altogether. I wouldn't dare say what this will be on Friday morning at this point.

I'm just stating its unlikely. Maybe a little front end frozen, but there are a lot of players you need to trend in our favor for a little event...

Archived