wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, that's likely going into the crapper too. But I wanna wait until Friday before I kill that one.

rough for bos.. only like 2" liquid on this run.

gotta go pull up that feb 5-6 2010 radar from that area to soothe myself.

My take on participating in Winter Weather discussions for the DC area.

.I already know it's difficult to get sizable snows in the DC area. It happens, at times hugely, but mostly 4 out of every 5 winters around here produces small amounts of snow and moderate temperatures.

So-to me there is really nothing useful is having the conversation dominated by "it's not gonna snow"  I already know how tough it is around DC snow wise and there is no talent being used in telling me so.

This Friday event has a well placed low pressure and strong high pressure to the north and to me that is something positive and worth talking about. 

Having a low "favorably" placed and a high to the north can and often does produce rainstorms in this area. First off the location of high isnt that favorable, and there is a low tracking to our NW(that combo alone means cold air is going to be lacking), and secondly there is no blocking or 50-50 to speak of that could allow this to be a colder storm. So no, there really isn't that much positive and worth talking about.

Certainly better, especially for BWI area.  

I'm still expecting rain for all with a bit of flakes at the end for some but I refuse to get excited about any trend until the rain/snow line is way to our south.  

I think......  :unsure:

Yea after what Matt said and reading Will in the NE thread it does not seem likely that the H5 will close off so far south like the Euro is depicting. So it seems like a long shot to get much here.

When Matt listed 2/69 as an analog, I thought what would a repeat of that month be like for the weather-boards. The Mid-Atlantic subforum might have to be shut down by the end of the month ;)

20" at JFK for the Lindsay Storm (another 20"+ for Boston 'burbs), then 27" for Boston late month-- DCA for the whole month? 2.2"

Archived