Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is going to be top 2 or 3 for a lot of people who get a lot of snow..Not sure what the March 1888 totals were in CT

state record for 24 hours is 30" ... this one seems like it will test that

earlier that main band thru CT was getting 5-7"/hr reports

That's just sick.  I've heard of lake effect producing those kinds of rates in rare instances but even then, it's for a short time.  What kind of rates did we get with PDII in 2003?  I still remember going to bed at 2:30 AM when it started and seeing about a foot by 10 AM.  I guess that's about 1-2" ph

That's just sick.  I've heard of lake effect producing those kinds of rates in rare instances but even then, it's for a short time.  What kind of rates did we get with PDII in 2003?  I still remember going to bed at 2:30 AM when it started and seeing about a foot by 10 AM.  I guess that's about 1-2" ph

im not sure.. was actually in ct for pdii... we ended up with lower totals than spots around here in ne ct.

but the radar earlier.. not sure i've ever seen that big of a band of 40-50dbz echoes that was largely snow.

I picked up my gf in pine grove pa yesterday and we decided wtf lets go for it. Drove to new haven ct. No problem coming across 84 and down 34 from newtown but once into new haven all hell broke loose. We got here at 10 but took until 4am to get to hotel because of so many cars stuck blocking roads and causing 5ft plus drifts on highway. Had do dig our way down an off ramp took hours. Stayed at days inn new haven. Got 34" here all in like 12 hours. Was nuts last night. I've seen this much snow in 2010 but never saw it fall that fast.

Pics to follow.

That is some hardcore weenieism put to practice!  Congratulations!  What's more impressive is that you have a girlfriend that was all in to driving 5 hours into a raging blizzard in the middle of the night during a travel ban! I can't get my wife to go to the convenience store with me 1 mile away to get milk in snow showers.  What were you driving?  Great picks and again remarkable dedication getting there.

That is some hardcore weenieism put to practice!  Congratulations!  What's more impressive is that you have a girlfriend that was all in to driving 5 hours into a raging blizzard in the middle of the night during a travel ban! I can't get my wife to go to the convenience store with me 1 mile away to get milk in snow showers.  What were you driving?  Great picks and again remarkable dedication getting there.

I am very lucky. I have a Suzuki sx4 awd

Archived