• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

Yeah, if it's not hitting us, everybody else be damned!

Makes sense.  To have storm mode for here since this forum seems obsessed with how New England is going to do with this storm.  We'll probably have more posts about that then our own weather.  People down here are going to get pretty excited by the 38" in Worcester!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know most here know this but just to reinforce the problem at hand for those who are hoping because the 1036hp looks so good,  this says a lot:

attachicon.gifnamwind.JPG

Look at the wind barbs in our area. S-SE surface flow is a dagger. Same flow @ 850 too. 

The low near the lakes is a warm air vacuum. That beautiful 1036 hp is rendered useless until the 850 circulation shuts off to our n-w. If the antecedent airmass was much colder then we could talk about meaningful front end precip but there is just too much stacked against us here. 

There is a very very slim chance the circ around the low to the nw shuts off fast enough to let the low to our south pull enough cold air down to give us something at the end but I wouldn't bet a dollar at 5-1 odds on it. 

The 1036 high will thwart the contour closing off on the nw low and thus the nw low will be rendered far less effectual than is currenlty being portrayed.

I'm gonna stoop to a new level of weenie right now out of desperation for snow.

Anyone know what the wusa9 future cast is based on right here - http://www.wusa9.com/weather/forecast/regional_forecast.aspx

I look at it from time to time before storms, and it seems to be accurate quite a bit.  I'm sure it's based on some model already out there...

Right now I took a look at it, and it has mostly snow west of IAD. 

Imagine it coming true... 

Wow this is going to be a kick-ass storm for the Boston area.  It would be really fun to be in a blizzard watch but our climo just doesn't get us these storms often.  No reason to be bitter about it, I'll try and just enjoy the fun vicariously through them.

Cantore is going to Boston. They are screwed.

This will probably be on of the most painful storms in a while for us.  I'm genuinely happy for those guys up north, but I wish it were us.   Most of us should probably sign off Thursday night and not come back until Monday.

Yeah!  I won't though.  I'll be eating up this coverage.  Really quite a shame I moved down here while my parents will be cashing in 12-18 inches in the Lower Hudson Valley.

This will probably be on of the most painful storms in a while for us.  I'm genuinely happy for those guys up north, but I wish it were us.   Most of us should probably sign off Thursday night and not come back until Monday.

I just booked a room up there. Screw it. Me and the wife love Boston anyways. Dont know if we will make it to the city though. :)

Archived