Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
PUNTING NEMO

Ji

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's this thing looking for the green mountains in vermont? Might consider a trip up to stratton or killington.

They seem to get a nice bit from the primary and an inverted trough type thing combined with upslope. Consensus seems a nice 12" storm for Vermont. Maybe more is the winds hit the mtns just right.

I don't remember any cases of a 2 ft snow forecasted to go north of us shifting south and nailing us ever. Minor adjustments sure. Getting an inch unexpected sure. Having a major shift like this no. But there is always a first.

We have had major storms downgraded. But I wasn't referring to MA getting anything in this instance. Rather thinking of us getting painfully shafted at times. Yeah. A shift here on this this one may get someone some flakes. Not counting on it though.

SREFS are colder and wetter to some degree across most of the area.

I looked again to be sure, and the srefs are definitely wetter and somewhat colder at 850 and the surface. That's all I can see.

These things have to have some use, right?

Can't see individuals, so I don't know yet how them mean is getting where it is.

I will take realistic optimists over the other 2 any day.

Thanks for the kind words, and congrats to your Ravens.

Truth be told, I'm usually foolishly optimistic. However, I do tend to really like wet systems with cad involved. Trouble is this time it seems we need more wet and more cad. If we could just get that northern low to back off, maybe give those ne winds a chance to slide in.

I am intrigued by the srefs. Damn PSU site is holding back the ind members though so I don't know what to make of it.

As Ian said, we all have our roles. I'm probably just playing my usual (see above). :)

Truth be told, I'm usually foolishly optimistic. However, I do tend to really like wet systems with cad involved. Trouble is this time it seems we need more wet and more cad. If we could just get that northern low to back off, maybe give those ne winds a chance to slide in.

I am intrigued by the srefs. Damn PSU site is holding back the ind members though so I don't know what to make of it.

As Ian said, we all have our roles. I'm probably just playing my usual (see above). :)

Usually I love your optimism, and can frequently share it with you! Just I don't see this one with the primary, its a big time nono to stop the flow of cold air. I don't like these set-ups one bit. Eliminate that low and it'd be a KU up and down the coast, but we unfortunately can't. Miller B screwage, and lakes low warm air surge. The transfer eliminates our chance at real QPF.

It is like a 4th and 29 down here but hell the Ravens did it and we won the Super Bowl so anything is possible :snowing: .

Archived