CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Snow event Tuesday nite/ Wed Morning Feb 5th-6th

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw three car accidents in a two mile drive to grab my girlfriend from class. A rollover, a car off the road and one into a pole. It snowed like 1/2", what is wrong with people?

People are way more likely to underestimate 1/2" than 4", they think "oh it's nothing" and continue on their merry way like there isn't any frozen water on the ground lol.

That too lol

CT is awful. Everyone I know at home along the shore is so afraid to venture out in 1/2" of snow, it's pathetic. In VT they don't plow until there's 3-5" on main roads...then I'm the one that looks like a puss. hahah

Same thing on route 9 tonight in Berlin, took out the right lane.

A few flakes still here in Plainville. 26F

People just drive like maniacs. 

will the echos seem to be trending more intense as they slide E , what is causing this?

There is some low level convergence from the sfc up to around 925mb...winds more easterly/southeasterly in E MA with more southerly and southwesterly at 925mb to the west. So we're having some advection of moisture from the south off the Atlantic into an area of weak LL convergence...good way to slightly enhance the snow over eastern areas. Still the tail end of some WAA at 850mb holding on over E MA too.

Very nice surpriser!  Pleasant to see, was snowing moderately for awhile there.  I'd say I got about an inch on the ground or so.. and as an above poster mentioned it is a little strange to see such rapid intensification as it's coming towards Boston, but I'll take it!

Moderate snow

Archived