• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Snow event Tuesday nite/ Wed Morning Feb 5th-6th

Damage In Tolland

This one has kind of snuck underneath the radar ,as some folks are actually thinking there's  a coastal storm that will end up 250 miles OTS to track on Friday

Modelling has juiced up this a system the last couple of days..Looks like maybe a 2-3 or 4 inch kind of deal at this point. Let's see what 12 brings

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see what 12z runs have today but a general light snow is likely based on what I see.  Would not go as far as your call but 1-2" would not be out of the question.  Looks like this is associated with a couple s/w's.  It's the 2nd s/w that will likely bring most of the precip though as the confluent flow lifts out of the area allowing for a bit more amplification and Atl inflow.

We'll see what 12z runs have today but a general light snow is likely based on what I see. Would not go as far as your call but 1-2" would not be out of the question. Looks like this is associated with a couple s/w's. It's the 2nd s/w that will likely bring most of the precip though as the confluent flow lifts out of the area allowing for a bit more amplification and Atl inflow.
I agree, hopefully things trend a little wetter.

Have to say, the GGEM has been good this season, and the fact that it has 1-3" widepsread says that is not out of the question, although probably the max with this. An inch between the flurries/dusting tonight and this tomorrow night would whiten the landscape, and be plenty for me. 6z GFS does have .1-.25 across the entire area except for far NE mass, and that could be 1-3" no problem.

-skisheep

NAM gives me 1-2". I think the NAM is showing signs of improvement at H5 compared to previous runs. Chances for amplification lessen with the lead shortwave dampening things out and robbing all of the moisture with this system, another case of too many shortwaves in the chute.

So will you go against the models again?

Two clippers in the chute for this time frame, they want to phase, but the second clipper instead heads towards Quebec.  If we can get this clipper to phase with the second shortwave/low then we are getting somewhere.  We need amplification out of this shortwave in order to slow things down and allow a phase to occur.

Archived