joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 21/22 Storm Obs/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's right, I live down here and this isn't exciting. The kids are going to be pissed unless we can get this band off NJ and over LI to lift more as the low develops.

I'm on the border, I'm absolutely certain we only have 1.5" from here to the bridge as I was down there not long ago for a quick errand sadly carrying a ruler. It's just very light snow here right now:

http://www.capecodlivecam.com/bourne.shtml

Hoping to see more in this next band

I was just eyeballing as I left.( Near the rotary ) may have been 1.5 but it was accumulating pretty well at the time

That thin band looks primed to crush FMH and MVY for a few hours. I may only get in on the northern tail. I'll see if I can get a real measurement in a bit

It should at least clip, but notice the axis is north of Block Island now with drying evident over southern RI.  Echoes over SE MA started to diminish with that band, I think it all sweeps east pretty quickly now.

It should at least clip, but notice the axis is north of Block Island now with drying evident over southern RI. Echoes over SE MA started to diminish with that band, I think it all sweeps east pretty quickly now.

The part that's going to hit the southern tier of the cape still looks healthy..but yeah I don't think you or I will get more than an inch more out of this synoptic stuff. I'm in the northern piece of it now so will see how quickly it moves out

How can TWC and Accuwx be so bad. It's like an insult to meteorology

They were far from alone just based on the radio, TV and etc. 

The part that's going to hit the southern tier of the cape still looks healthy..but yeah I don't think you or I will get more than an inch more out of this synoptic stuff. I'm in the northern piece of it now so will see how quickly it moves out

Yeah, we'll have to wait and see.  I really have almost no hope for the trough magic but hopefully it works out.

RGEM is in, seems pretty reasonable.

511_100.gif

Guys...let's not turn another good Cape event into an interior b**ch fest.

I don't know...has the cape had a good event this winter?    I doubt it.    Even this one is going to struggle to be "good",  but having lived there too,  6" is a feat.

Archived