joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 21/22 Storm Obs/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trough was not suppose to develop until late tonight early am so i would not totally write it off for the areas that were targeted

Noyes holding the line:

Matt Noyes@MattNoyesNECN

Though eve guidance trend Norlun Trough offshore, holding the line NH/ME Seacoast 4 final 'cast of night: http://mnoy.es/YjhTvo

And NWS says step back from the cliff for now:

.NEAR TERM /OVERNIGHT/...

830PM UPDATE... MADE A FEW ADJUSTMENTS TO POP GRIDS AS SNOW HAS

MATERIALIZED MORE ON RADAR AT THIS POINT... THOUGH MOSTLY

OFFSHORE. THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO AN INITIAL WAVE... AND THE

INVERTED SURFACE TROUGH SHOULD SET UP LATER TONIGHT. ALTHOUGH

THERE HAVE BEEN NO REPORTS OF ACCUMULATIONS YET... ACCUMULATIONS

ARE LIKELY LIGHT AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE SO UNTIL THE SURFACE

TROUGH DEVELOPS AND PULLS MOISTURE BACK TOWARD THE COAST.

It's crap light snow here from it

This is when I step back from the ledge and actually enjoy the event by looking at all the small interesting events that occur in a system as such.

Weird. It cut off from the south coast and has enhanced any echo it hits since. It's moving at a good clip. Is it some type of wind shift or point of convergence?

Sorry guys my eyeball was a bit off. Just measured 2" on the dot in Acushnet. :/

Still, better than taint!

Yeah, I'm at a whopping 1.6" here.  The radar is going poof pretty quickly around me, hopefully Phil can cash in.   About as expected.

Axis of the precip is now just about into the coast of MA (forget the name of the town) on the RI border.   Precip has died north of it very rapidly in terms of the more significant snows.  Super res is interesting echoes rocketing N and the main shield sliding out.

Hoping for another 4th here so I can hit 2"

This is when I step back from the ledge and actually enjoy the event by looking at all the small interesting events that occur in a system as such.

Weird. It cut off from the south coast and has enhanced any echo it hits since. It's moving at a good clip. Is it some type of wind shift or point of convergence?

I don't know but you're right as soon as that cleared the main synoptic snows they dried up and started to shift east. Scott or Phil or Will can probably answer.

BOS probably now has about 7.5-8 counting today and pressing there's. bit more left. Mby has around 14. Most areas are >10. And it's 1/21. In 1999-00, the first flake was mid January and they still ended up with 25. The pattern as depicted will deliver. You weenies make me want to vomit.

You know you are a little disappointed now. 14" is abysmal for your area at this late juncture, and 25" is only like 60% of climo for Boston. I agree that we'll make somewhat of a comeback in the next couple of weeks, but I'm not convinced it's going to be significant enough to wipe out the poor start to winter. 

lol, Who are you kidding you did a face plant into the pavement the last couple days

GYX still expecting this per latest update. I'll feel like a little kid waking up tomorrow morning to see if it actually snowed.

Yeah, I think there is some patience needed for the areas that were progged for the trough to develop before tossing the towel, Need to let it play out

Unfortunately, the heaviest echoes are usually on the SE side of those enhanced cloud tops...basically where the heaviest snow is now.

You have the funniest uncanny ability to deflate. Not that its your fault. :lol: That's why we need you and others here or me kev and a few others might have gotten a board consensus forecast of 12-18" region wide tonight.

You have the funniest uncanny ability to deflate. Not that its your fault. :lol: That's why we need you and others here or me kev and a few others might have gotten a board consensus forecast of 12-18" region wide tonight.

I don't do it to be a Debbie...lol. I hope you guys pick up on some stuff. 

I love snow, but no need to hype up something that may not happen. 

I don't do it to be a Debbie...lol. I hope you guys pick up on some stuff. 

I love snow, but no need to hype up something that may not happen. 

I definitely do. Certain things like over coming the dry air on the last system and how bad those nw winds aloft are to get snow in here when we are dealing with a cape scraper. I always think to myself, "damn idiot, we learned this last year how did you forget?" Matter of actually remembering the material next year rather than forgetting.

Archived