bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
January 25-26 Storm Potential

powderfreak

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with these things. However, I think he was speaking about the overall attitude that some have regarding raobs. If some low is 500 miles se, it's not like raobs injested into the models will suddenly bring the low NW. But when you have something like we have...50 miles or more NW three days out is possible.

yes. this is what i mean. thank you.

Maybe you don't get the meat of the snow, but this is a decent pattern for you that may continue into Feb. I think you may enjoy Friday night even if just a few inches or something. I don't need to tell you how mean the ocean can be, but maybe even a little OES for you.

We'll see.  I was discouraged until Bob posted the 12z Euro Ens.  If we can actually get something up here with a real circulation with this cold air around, we should do well and that can extend right up into the south shore in the areas that were once favored for snow on NE winds pre-GW (haha tip).    That's a real nice look and the 12z GEFs offered the same appeal.   Taken alone I'd have figured the GFS was overshooting the mark again but I don't think it's very different than the GEFS.

It always seems like models struggle with s/w's crossing the Rockies. I mean look how it

Breaks off from that trough, crosses the mtns, and then dives se. Pretty much argues for your three points lol.

But is there a reason behind it? Is it model math, init, etc.  The models do so well with so many features but cannot seem to resolve those.

GFS Bufkit is 4-6 IJD East, well that is all I checked anyway. rollo I had to delete the edit function is screwed up because of fear of the Korean hackers.

LOL.  Like you I'm frustrated with the upgrade.  I will say the issues in IE seem to be gone.  No longer getting the timeouts when trying to post/very infrequently. 

Skisheep, Stamford CT absolutely not, Lake Placid, yes.

Archived