bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
January 25-26 Storm Potential

powderfreak

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 0z comes out I dont care what it shows I honestly think well know.. hit or miss I wrote why earlier but not really sure if it made sense because im not good at explaining stuff lol

I think he is referring to you saying that 00z will decide this. What if 00z guidance comes in with a scraper with a big qpf gradient? Is that final with like 5 runs left before the storm?

this data coming onshore thing is such a weenie myth.

of course if there was some ridiculously dense sounding grid that covered all of the west coast and up into canada and balloons were launched all the time and airplanes just flew all over that airspace covering every inch...then yes...yes that would make sense.

but the idea that a piece of energy comes ashore is suddenly sampled so much better is just wrong. once in a weenie-while it might happen. I'd never say it can't but this is one of these 20 or 30 year old weather model ideas.

if it were actually true that the satellite and aircraft data assimilation sucked that bad over the Pacific...none of the models would work. they'd be all f=ed up all the time.

this data coming onshore thing is such a weenie myth.

of course if there was some ridiculously dense sounding grid that covered all of the west coast and up into canada and balloons were launched all the time and airplanes just flew all over that airspace covering every inch...then yes...yes that would make sense.

but the idea that a piece of energy comes ashore is suddenly sampled so much better is just wrong. once in a weenie-while it might happen. I'd never say it can't but this is one of these 20 or 30 year old weather model ideas.

if it were actually true that the satellite and aircraft data assimilation sucked that bad over the Pacific...none of the models would work. they'd be all f=ed up all the time.

and...why does the data come ashore have to lead to stronger shortwaves? why not weaker ones that send storms harmlessly out to sea? lol. 

500? 

You're really off lately, maybe it's the lack of sleep but both your humor and your forecasting is suffering.

Lol you posted nonstop about it being ots scraper not buying it etc etc etc. ad nauseum for the last day and a half. It still obviously could go OTS but to call out Coastal here is just ridiculous.

Scooter has been right on lately.

First of all he meh'd the norlun disaster from the moment it showed up on guidance and he's been pretty much saying stay the course on this one even as models went flatter and flatter.

Meanie.

All you've done for a couple of days/storms is tool on the weenies that post here, twitter and elsewhere.  But you're still reading it.  When you're worrying about the credibility of guys like Noyes....I'd be more worried about the crankiness myself.

Scooter is cranky lately. I can't blame him between the Weenies posting (guilty) and the wintry appeal combined with daddy stress

We still love him. Hope he gets a good event soon

Yes, it's lack of sleep.  New kids will do that to you but we've all been through it.  But we've all noticed it I think. 

Lol you posted nonstop about it being ots scraper not buying it etc etc etc. ad nauseum for the last day and a half. It still obviously could go OTS but to call out Coastal here is just ridiculous.

Scooter has been right on lately.

First of all he meh'd the norlun disaster from the moment it showed up on guidance and he's been pretty much saying stay the course on this one even as models went flatter and flatter.

I still think it's more than likely a scraper towards the lines of the 12z Euro Ens.  I may be wrong, and this may be the beginning of a trend back.

An earlier troll post today had my back up, I'll leave it at that.  

I hope Scott is right.  I hope I'm wrong about the scraper track.

If it does come all the way back hats off to Noyes.

Archived