• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Pattern change on our doorstep - will it deliver the goods? General Discussion/ banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This p/c forecast for my area for sunday is kinda funny:

Sunday A chance of drizzle before 10am, then a slight chance of showers after 2pm. The drizzle could be heavy at times. Patchy dense fog before 11am, then Patchy dense fog after 4pm. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 51. Light south wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Heavy drizzle? :axe:

This p/c forecast for my area for sunday is kinda funny:

Sunday A chance of drizzle before 10am, then a slight chance of showers after 2pm. The drizzle could be heavy at times. Patchy dense fog before 11am, then Patchy dense fog after 4pm. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 51. Light south wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Heavy drizzle? :axe:

believe it or not it exists.  Drizzle is actually defined by droplet size not by intensity.  Heavy drizzle I believe has vis less than 1/4 mile.

Check this out. A buddy of mine from grad school has this on his website. Shows how rare -30C at 850 is even for ALB

hist_72518_850.jpg

Hey ct Sorry on phone but is that just a histogram he created or is there a link to generate them for other sites besides Albany? Sweet histogram!

GEFS get two weenies up from me.
Yea I was referencing Tips, thank God for the Pros

You were referencing tips comments about an old run in response to my comments about the 12z ggem losing its storm? No wonder we aren't on the same page if you're going to criticize my posts based on yesterday's run!

There's pretty good agreement across most models now of a potential fringing with one or two waves, a cold shot into Saturday am, some moderation and then an offshore low that drives the cold down in 8-10 days.

You were referencing tips comments about an old run in response to my comments about the 12z ggem losing its storm? No wonder we aren't on the same page if you're going to criticize my posts based on yesterday's run!There's pretty good agreement across most models now of a potential fringing with one or two waves, a cold shot into Saturday am, some moderation and then an offshore low that drives the cold down in 8-10 days.

YO wad, I was clarifying.

Archived