• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
TorchDown Deja Vu

Mr Torchey

The pattern will be relaxing next week after a 7 day stretch of cold and dry winter weather.  Too early to tell if any records will be broken or just how long the above normal weather will last.  It looks as though Kevin will get a chance to wash the truck get all the sand off, ski resorts will be boasting huge depths and some fantastic warm (relative to climo) mid winter skiing.

Hopefully the deep snowpack is not lost in the hills, and this is just a 7 -10 day cool up.......thoughts, analysis and general banter on our January thaw.

May the torch be with you, now and forever.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running nude on pebble beach?

That would be awesome, true Gods country. My grandmother lived in Salinas, just inland from the MP we used to go there a lot when we flew out to visit.  PB is a maritime climate and very boring, not much of a temp fluctuation until you jump over the coastal range into the valley........now that area is hot Tim, what a wild swing in a short area!!!

I am not ready to bite on anything crazy yet, although Will did point out yesterday that we would not need crazy high temps to break records next week as they are fairly low for whatever reason during this period.  I think we will absolutely see a period where overnight mins really pump up departures especially in the interior where climo runs cold

Some 29-33 type stuff with highs around 40 will produce very healthy positive departures.

Time will tell.

once the snow is gone, we'll all be off to the races.   These torches have appeared to over perform the last few years so I'm going to shoot for the stars:

BDR +10  for 2 days and >+5 for 6 days

BDL +12  for 2 days and >+5 for 7 days

ORH +14 1 for day and +10 1 day, >+5 for 6 days

BOS +8 for 2 days and >+5 for 3 days

PVD +10 for 2 days and >+5 for 4 days

once the snow is gone, we'll all be off to the races.   These torches have appeared to over perform the last few years so I'm going to shoot for the stars:

BDR +10  for 2 days and >+5 for 6 days

BDL +12  for 2 days and >+5 for 7 days

ORH +14 1 for day and +10 1 day, >+5 for 6 days

BOS +8 for 2 days and >+5 for 3 days

PVD +10 for 2 days and >+5 for 4 days

I could see this happening, actually.

+14 at ORH next week is 31/45 I think, so very possible.

Weenies delayed but not deep fried?

DT has a great video just out about the possibility of a sharp turn to cold after Jan 15.  He is basing it on the QBO continuing to drop and thus weaken the Pacific jet, and the JO getting through 4,5 and 6 towards the more favorable phases.  

Yet if he were touting warmth,  would it be great?

Lol at spring in 55 days, maybe in the tropics of Southwestern Connecticut. Spring starts to look like it's namesake around here about April 15th, even with the warmest of weather. The chances for snow from here into March are nearly 100% IMO. At the very least I will get to bring in my Christmas decorations that are currently buried in snow when it melts away next week.

Lol at spring in 55 days, maybe in the tropics of Southwestern Connecticut. Spring starts to look like it's namesake around here about April 15th, even with the warmest of weather. The chances for snow from here into March are nearly 100% IMO. At the very least I will get to bring in my Christmas decorations that are currently buried in snow when it melts away next week.

morch on

Archived