• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
TorchDown Deja Vu

Mr Torchey

I know what a fail. I thought you took your sandbox home yesterday? Funny how everyone mocks you

Failure, ok.

EWR +4.6 in December

January lol.......+2 -2- -2 +2 +6 +9 +7 +7 +9 +12 +9 +15 +15 and today ++ what?

EWR +6.7lol for January, I would hate to see your idea of what a torch really is..........60s I keep hearing 60s who predicted that in the cold part of winter.

lol

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it have to hit 60 in order for it to be considered a torch in January? NYC normals are 27/38, and parts of the metro area are lower than that. I consider a torch +12 and greater, and 50 for a high certainly achieves that. +22 on the high doesn't happen that often, even in the warm regime we've been in the last few years.

Why does it have to hit 60 in order for it to be considered a torch in January? NYC normals are 27/38, and parts of the metro area are lower than that. I consider a torch +12 and greater, and 50 for a high certainly achieves that. +22 on the high doesn't happen that often, even in the warm regime we've been in the last few years.

Its ridiculous allsnow comes into every single thread to troll me, and he looks like an idiot as usual lol.  He will be over +7 on the month after today, if thats not a torch in the heart of winter than I have no idea what is.

weren't people saying like +30 or etc? Perhaps I read to much into it. Forecast for 60's have failed so far here. And to be honest this has not been a pretty torch. Been cloudy and misty, wish the sun would show. January 2007 that was a pretty torch

Here it is

Again where were the forecasts for 60, keep searching allfail, those departures materialized to the west, the fog stuck around, but you keep trolling and saying this was not a torch when your monthly departure will be right at +8 for January LOL

weren't people saying like +30 or etc? Perhaps I read to much into it. Forecast for 60's have failed so far here. And to be honest this has not been a pretty torch. Been cloudy and misty, wish the sun would show. January 2007 that was a pretty torch

Some people were going a little overboard with respect to their forecasts at this time last week. Even Boston stations had low to mid-60s on their 7-day for this past weekend a week ago. Just like some stations had highs in the teens for this upcoming Thursday at the end of last week. In my experience, splitting the difference between climo and the extreme solution works the best when you're looking at a forecast 5+ days out. With that in mind, if it were a week ago, and I had to forecast for this past weekend, instead of hanging a 63 for a high I would have put up a 50 and adjusted up or down a degree or two daily as the picture became more clear. Even if I had to add a degree daily, I would have several days to get the forecast up to the mid-50s. The cold forecast for this week looks even more ridiculous. There were some stations that had 17 or 19 for a high on Thursday, and within a few days have already adjusted the forecast high by more than doubling it.

Some people were going a little overboard with respect to their forecasts at this time last week. Even Boston stations had low to mid-60s on their 7-day for this past weekend a week ago. Just like some stations had highs in the teens for this upcoming Thursday at the end of last week. In my experience, splitting the difference between climo and the extreme solution works the best when you're looking at a forecast 5+ days out. With that in mind, if it were a week ago, and I had to forecast for this past weekend, instead of hanging a 63 for a high I would have put up a 50 and adjusted up or down a degree or two daily as the picture became more clear. Even if I had to add a degree daily, I would have several days to get the forecast up to the mid-50s. The cold forecast for this week looks even more ridiculous. There were some stations that had 17 or 19 for a high on Thursday, and within a few days have already adjusted the forecast high by more than doubling it.

Thanks snowman. We shall see what happens today. 60 is with in reach

Archived