Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
TorchDown Deja Vu

Mr Torchey

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about 15, but def 10F... so probably a +7 or so high departure, +3 low or something thereabout

Well I'm not specifically referring to your backyard. I don't even know what your low was this morning. As you work your way north more of those AM mins will get tacked off.

Great to see all my admirers out in full force!!

Everything looks on track to me, warm week +10-+15 departures perhaps a little higher due to warm nights............lots of rain on the way for most thats for sure.

Probably get a 3-4 day stretch up here that averages +10; almost all Januarys suffer thru at leat one.  Current thinking is for no torch-deluge, with the significant precip staying to our west.  3-4 days in the low 40s w/o a big rain - the snowpack will endure.

Probably get a 3-4 day stretch up here that averages +10; almost all Januarys suffer thru at leat one.  Current thinking is for no torch-deluge, with the significant precip staying to our west.  3-4 days in the low 40s w/o a big rain - the snowpack will endure.

In Maine, you will be ok:) lol

Some random locales...

TAN

AM low 31F

PM low 18F

diff -13F

ORE

AM low 32F

PM low 15F

diff -17F

IJD

AM low 29F

PM low 19F

diff -10F

ASH

AM low 31F

PM low 13F

diff -18F

BED

AM low 30F

PM low 16F

diff -14F

PVD and BDL each knocked 9F off their morning low. The non-radiators of BOS/ORH were the few places that didn't knock more than 5F off.

37 degrees this morning, looks like I will be above freezing until next tuesday am or so....So here is a look back on the almost (couple days short) first half of winter, I will use ORH simply because its the coldest out of the 4 sne major climo sites.  The numbers are fairly staggering, and after this weekend even more so, looks like guidance is finally keying on some real arctic air to at least settle into nne if not all of new england for a few days, and thankfully looks like snow maybe in our future.......just in time.

Dec 1 2012 to current ORH

-9 +6 +13 +12 +10 -2 +2 +10 -2 +2 +10 +8 +17 +10 0 +5 +6 +5 -1 +2 +11 +11 +7 +15 +3 +4 +4 +3 0 +4 +1 0 -3 -2 -1 -8 -13 +3 +7 +7 +4 +8 +10

Thats 10 double digit positive departure days to only one negative double digit departure day so far this winter.  

7 below normal days 4 of which were -3 or less, compared to 30 above normal days to date.

We will certainly add at least two more double digit departures to the list if not 3 outside chance at 4 before we cool down early next week, staggering numbers.  

ya temps today def. not struggling after the passage of the "cool front" in mid january.  mid 40's for 128 belt. bout a +10 there on HIGH temps. . +10's seem so much ezier than -10's WRT to high temps.. should get some +15's sat/sun/mon (poss) wrt to HIGH temps. tonite lows will get to around 24-25. so that's prob like a + 6 or 7 on the low (just guessing)

ya temps today def. not struggling after the passage of the "cool front" in mid january.  mid 40's for 128 belt. bout a +10 there. +10's seem so much ezier than -10's. should get some +15's sat/sun/mon (poss)

I would think a couple +20s are within reach especially Sunday, depends on clouds and overnight mins though.

I would think a couple +20s are within reach especially Sunday, depends on clouds and overnight mins though.

well 36/22 is normal for BOS i was trying to figure out the KBED normals. couldn't find them but i'm guessing 34/17 or so .

also since almost all of today's lows have not been reached due to the torch (after mixing out last nite) +10's should be wide spread today as lows for today will be the midnite temp tonite.

Archived