Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
TorchDown Deja Vu

Mr Torchey

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect way to run the torch for snow though....get +10 days but keep the dewpoints low and the wind fairly low except last night.

We could have temps at 38/38 with fog and get wrecked.

But instead we have hardly done much damage at all to the snow pack. I like it! But Sunday looms.

Coming into today (today;s arent factored in yet, so they will be higher):

BOS: +0.8

ORH: +1.7

PVD: 0.0

BDL: +1.1

can you imagine if we get all those cold blasts but no snow - end up 0 or negative in temp, BUT no snow.  Some will take that personally -

can you imagine if we get all those cold blasts but no snow - end up 0 or negative in temp, BUT no snow.  Some will take that personally -

I'm sure you will be one of them writing a diatribe about cosmic dildos....then tell us a week later that we shouldn't let our emotions get involved in the weather. :lol:

Thx will! I was actually wondering what the big 4 got down to temp wise just b4 mid nite tonite bc I made some guesses earlier in the day and bc it effects departures for today

Remind me to throw your phone in the road at the GTG...it often posts 2 or 3 times the same post.

I'm sure you will be one of them writing a diatribe about cosmic dildos....then tell us a week later that we shouldn't let our emotions get involved in the weather. :lol:

No you should not get emotionally involved with the weather ... The Cosmic Dildo stuff is commiseration in sensing somber moods - folks either think that is funny (and should...) or they are too wound/pent up and can't think it is funny, because they don't want to admit they can't control everything and sometimes will get screwed.

I may have commented on the emotional aspect before, once or twice, but much rarer - my beef is this obsession about snow, so much so that it precludes Meteorology most of the time.  It speaks volumes that people miss-construe that intent as emotion. 

One can post interesting "Meteorological" theoretic discussion topic/concepts and sense very little if any attention were given to it - but if there is thread about someone hanging onto to a petty 1" of granulate snow rot, it's got 2,000 hits.  

No you should not get emotionally involved with the weather ... The Cosmic Dildo stuff is commiseration in sensing somber moods - folks either think that is funny (and should...) or they are too wound/pent up and can't think it is funny, because they don't want to admit they can't control everything and sometimes will get screwed.

I may have commented on the emotional aspect before, once or twice, but much rarer - my beef is this obsession about snow, so much so that it precludes Meteorology most of the time. It speaks volumes that people miss-construe that intent as emotion.

One can post interesting "Meteorological" theoretic discussion topic/concepts and sense very little if any attention were given to it - but if there is thread about someone hanging onto to a petty 1" of granulate snow rot, it's got 2,000 hits.

You do focus on your own bolded part quite a bit...

You do focus on your own bolded part quite a bit...

If you mean snow, no I don't - I couldn't care much less whether there is a snow pack or not.  I like the processes in weather that lead to it, just as much as any other type of event, equally. I will admit, if there is a 30" snow pack, it get's interesting for stats if that can exceed the elusive 40" on the level. But I don't fret if it doesn't get there.  Just because one discusses potential, that might happen to include snow, doesn't make that person of the same ilk that clearly stops shy of understanding the weather in lieu of whether it is snowing or not.  

My post referenced TT's fascination with cosmic dildos...I realize now it was probably in bad taste.   Torch on.

That cosmic dildo stuff is for humor only, really - and it is done in the spirit of sensing frustration.  It just means that chance (bad luck) gets in the way - fractals don't always cooperate ;)

If you mean snow, no I don't - I couldn't care much less whether there is a snow pack or not. I like the processes in weather that lead to it, just as much as any other type of event, equally. I will admit, if there is a 30" snow pack, it get's interesting for stats if that can exceed the elusive 40" on the level. But I don't fret if it doesn't get there. Just because one discusses potential, that might happen to include snow, doesn't make that person of the same ilk that clearly stops shy of understanding the weather in lieu of whether it is snowing or not.

What I meant was it seems you mention other peoples obsession often and their (my?) Unwillingness to learn.

The pattern will be relaxing next week after a 7 day stretch of cold and dry winter weather.  Too early to tell if any records will be broken or just how long the above normal weather will last.  It looks as though Kevin will get a chance to wash the truck get all the sand off, ski resorts will be boasting huge depths and some fantastic warm (relative to climo) mid winter skiing.

Hopefully the deep snowpack is not lost in the hills, and this is just a 7 -10 day cool up.......thoughts, analysis and general banter on our January thaw.

May the torch be with you, now and forever.

This is going pretty much exactly as planned.

Archived