Newest Member
    Toothache
TorchDown Deja Vu

Mr Torchey

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for once I wouldn't mind a month where we never have a +10 daily

September we didnt have one...only one in November.

Hard to avoid one in January...most likely month to see double digit departures in either direction. This will be the 4th consecutive January to see that...last one that failed to get double digit departures in both directions was 2009....we just simply didn't have any warm days that month.

Ahhh did nit realize that

33.5F Looks like 49F was my high. Avoided the dreaded 50 mark

Will, you still have snow?

I'm actually at Megan's in Natick right now. I'd be surprised if we still had solid cover....unless you still have it. We are probably down the patches, though we were still hanging on early this morning.

Just looking at mos and forecasts, then at climo, tomorrow is easily another +10 or higher day, its becoming ridiculous.

I hear ya, today was a good torch almost 60 mid may type ****, as far as the positives its not even fair up by you at orh 13 double digies +++ to one double diggie --- since the first day of winter Dec 1.

I think that will change though, and soon, tough luck for the conus, the NH has been frigid pretty much every where else but the conus, payback is a b**ch though.

Lost in the shuffle was another double digit departure at ORH yesterday in fact at 3 of the 4 majors.  Another above normal day today, solid above and another solid above normal day tomorrow.  The streak should end at 14-15 days.

wow

Meh, a high of 34F down here with 2" snow doesn't exactly sound like above normal/torch. It's basically over now except for a couple milder days over the weekend. Next week looks frigid; Friday also looks well below normal. 

Meh, a high of 34F down here with 2" snow doesn't exactly sound like above normal/torch. It's basically over now except for a couple milder days over the weekend. Next week looks frigid; Friday also looks well below normal.

Last month was +4-6 above normal and all 4 majors in sne are between +5 and + 7 this month. It's been an absolute blowtorch.

Yesterdays dailies

bos+8

bdl+7

pvd+8

orh+8

Yesterday was the 14th day in a row of above normal days at all 4 majors in sne.  Will today buck the trend? if not sat and sun are well above, and then finally it looks like a 3-5 day cold period next week, how much below normal time will tell.

Monthlies

bos+5.8

bdl+5.3

pvd+5.5

orh+6.5

The torch went out with a bang this weekend as was expected.  

Bos +13

orh +12

Since the start of winter, Dec 1st, orh has had 16!! positive double digit departures compared to 1 negative dd departure day, insanity.

16 out of the last 17 days have been above normal at all 4 sne climo stations, insanity.

What a torch it was, in the heart of winter, goodbye my torchey I am certain you will be back soon!

The End.

Archived