SPW

.ICY SPOTS EXPECTED THIS EVENING...

COLDER TEMPERATURES WILL CAUSE ANY SLUSH TO FREEZE ON UNTREATED

SURFACES THIS EVENING. COMMUTERS AND OTHER TRAVELERS SHOULD USE

EXTRA CAUTION. IN ADDITION...LINGERING SNOW SHOWERS ACROSS THE

MONADNOCKS...CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS AND NORTHWEST RHODE ISLAND MAY

PRODUCE AN ADDITIONAL COATING TO HALF INCH OF SNOW BEFORE ENDING

LATER THIS EVENING.

Woodford, VT comes in with 21" per the latest ALY PNS. They probably had another 2-3" of upslope after the time of that observation too. What a sick weenie spot that is!

Meanwhile just a short distance to the west in Rensselaer County, Hoosick Falls and Eagle Bridge had around 2". Talk about a snow shadow. I'm not sure if it was because of lower QPF or sleet contamination. I think it was probably a bit of both.

The 12" report from Stockbridge is definitely bogus. I don't see how they could've gotten more than I did (6.5 - 7") given that they're further south and lower in elevation. Also of interest to me is how North Otis came in with around a foot despite being a bit lower in latitude. This was a highly elevation driven event that was dependent on orographics and precipitation type.

Snow growth is surprisingly excellent despite so-so radar return.

This is pretty wild.This is solid snow falling.We may all tickle 1 or 2 on top of what we had. It almost looks like some sort of convergence zone..almost like they see in the Mohawk Valley around ALB.

Would you include this as part of the final storm total or seperate the 2?

This is pretty wild.This is solid snow falling.We may all tickle 1 or 2 on top of what we had. It almost looks like some sort of convergence zone..almost like they see in the Mohawk Valley around ALB.

Would you include this as part of the final storm total or seperate the 2?

I doubt we get 2"...maybe we can scap an inch though. It would all be one event for the total.

It looks nice though.

I knew we'd flip back to snow..but didn't think we could tickle up quite this much.

What's the exact cause? Trough coming thru acting on leftover moisture?

Its the upper level low extending an inverted trough back this way with a little extra moisture wrapping back south from the CCB.

Archived