amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 26-27th Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats awful. I havent measured recently but i have about 8. I think the 12z gyx sounding explains a lot. Dry air in the sgz at a time we were supposed to be ripping. I dont think we shook it all day. If you werent in a good upslope area or near the coastal front, you were likely disappointed.

That makes sense. I've only had 0.52" of liquid...way lower than any model prog. It was kind of fascinating from a bust perspective.

had me getting to 4 or 5c at the surface...let alone pwm. I hit 28F and that was it.

Wow, lol. Well, at least you have the in-house WRF to help out and good ole climo knowledge of this area. I hope some local mets realize the NAM has some flaws right now. Although the snow numbers ended up being perhaps lower than some thought around here, I surely would not say the NAM scored a hit when you look back at the forecasts. I think the 00z 26 run had about 3 hrs of snow for Will.

Will or Scott, why did we crank so well here even with relatively low elevation. Especially today. There were only two brief taint periods the entire storm here. Greenfield did better than areas N, E & S of here that are over 1k.

It looks like you got into a decent area of ML fronto/CCB...the main deformation area was way up in NW NY and Canada, but there seemed to be another area of ML forcing out there.

It looks like you got into a decent area of ML fronto/CCB...the main deformation area was way up in NW NY and Canada, but there seemed to be another area of ML forcing out there.

That band this morning that nailed MPM...it was classic fronto. Winds NW at 700 near Albany and east winds at 700 over central MA. Classic.

Wow, lol. Well, at least you have the in-house WRF to help out and good ole climo knowledge of this area. I hope some local mets realize the NAM has some flaws right now. Although the snow numbers ended up being perhaps lower than some thought around here, I surely would not say the NAM scored a hit when you look back at the forecasts. I think the 00z 26 run had about 3 hrs of snow for Will.

last night's 00z run cooled by 2C or so...but still had me raining here for a few hours. Never even sniffed it. The nam usually handles the low level cold airmasses well...and has up to this season. It has busted badly in at least 3 or 4 events now.

thats awful. I havent measured recently but i have about 8. I think the 12z gyx sounding explains a lot. Dry air in the sgz at a time we were supposed to be ripping. I dont think we shook it all day. If you werent in a good upslope area or near the coastal front, you were likely disappointed.

I wondered what the culprit was. This evening, which was supposed to be my happy ending, has turned into the main event. At least everything will be cleaned up and white in the morn.

well yeah maybe...although were also in a screw zone for Boxing Day and 09-10 (but then we all were to some extent)

Almost all of New England got into a bit of screzone for Boxing day save for the BOS area which got smoked by the CF. I was more talking about relative to the rest of NE...I'm sure dendrite will get 8" of fluff the next time models have 0.3" progged for him, lol.

Almost all of New England got into a bit of screzone for Boxing day save for the BOS area which got smoked by the CF. I was more talking about relative to the rest of NE...I'm sure dendrite will get 8" of fluff the next time models have 0.3" progged for him, lol.

I live like 6 or 8 miles from him as the crow flies...I am to the wow at about 675ft.

Attleboro, Leominster. Great choices. At least you got a winter location now

I'll tell you what...I have lived in 6 different places in the last 12 years or so. I have to say that leominster was one of the best if not the best for year round weather. We seemed to always get crushed by thunder up there in the summer. And it was quite good in the winter. I may be biased since I lived there in March '01...but still...

Archived