12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Chill Storm Discussion and Obs

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad the storm was pretty interesting for many and not just a massive rainer. Just for the record, I never want my name on a storm again. Just not my style. Plus it made me sweat over tracking it. That's not my style either.

We got pretty darn lucky getting as much frozen as we did. Made it a lot of fun but Wes called a west track at long leads. All I ever said was that it looked like a pretty good signal for a sig storm and our first good window frozen. My call was part bust because of the sneaky Xmas eve storm.

Yea, the storm was pretty darn significant as a whole but I think getting that part right was a sliver above luck at best.

Well, it was a lot of fun tracking and I said my piece. Let's get our shovels (or brooms) all tuned for the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

The I-81 corridor is hardly the mountains. This was a significant winter event for much of the region, the mid Atlantic region.

And yours was a pretty low class reply.

lol.. You are too serious

The I-81 corridor is hardly the mountains. This was a significant winter event for much of the region, the mid Atlantic region.

And yours was a pretty low class reply.

Agree with your reply, just because we are out numbered by the DC metro posters we are absolutely correct posting in the MA forum as well as celebrating our recent success.  

Now all but the full shade spots here at my Boyce home are melted away so that is not too far east of you. My WV place (yes it is mountains) looks to survive the melt until at least Wednesday with another daytime high of 34 there today, that while I was comfortable in my sunny south driveway in a light weight long sleeve shirt here in Boyce at 44. This weekend will feel like shorts weather. 

The only dude who is really out of his region when posting here is that guy on the other side of the mountains in Hurricane, WV. His weather is totally different. It is always weird to be reading an obs thread for a snow storm and he posts that it is 47 degrees and raining. Or when we are 50 and expecting drizzle in 10 hours and he is posting about moderate snow at 31 degrees. Just totally different.

Been one of those days. Guess my humor detector is on the blink.

Sometimes I do feel a little out of place posting weather obs here. Maybe thats why I was a bit edgy about it. Apologies.

I enjoy the obs from everyone.. it's useful for nowcasting etc if nothing else. But you do of course realize the majority of us saw nothing like you did. It was a big storm even where it rained though.

I still have about 80% of the yard with snow cover.  What's interesting is that the areas of grass that are showing are covered in a thick frost this morning.  Not sure I've seen that before.  The trees have some "glaze" too, so I'm thinking we had some freezing fog during the night.  18 degrees now.

Archived