• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chill Storm Discussion and Obs

WinterWxLuvr

I still have about 80% of the yard with snow cover.  What's interesting is that the areas of grass that are showing are covered in a thick frost this morning.  Not sure I've seen that before.  The trees have some "glaze" too, so I'm thinking we had some freezing fog during the night.  18 degrees now.

Next two days should take care of what is left here in WV.  I am going to miss this place next winter but not the second mortgage payment!

Inversion last night with slowly rising temps. 

picture of last morning with snow cover... at least for a week ?

post-4831-0-44326200-1357651331_thumb.jp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have about 80% of the yard with snow cover. What's interesting is that the areas of grass that are showing are covered in a thick frost this morning. Not sure I've seen that before. The trees have some "glaze" too, so I'm thinking we had some freezing fog during the night. 18 degrees now.

Still have patches of snow on NE facing hills in Clarksburg. I'm expecting them to be gone when I get home this evening leaving only my "ridiculously tall" snow piles near the driveway to whither away during our sunny 50's this week.

The only dude who is really out of his region when posting here is that guy on the other side of the mountains in Hurricane, WV. His weather is totally different. It is always weird to be reading an obs thread for a snow storm and he posts that it is 47 degrees and raining. Or when we are 50 and expecting drizzle in 10 hours and he is posting about moderate snow at 31 degrees. Just totally different.

Thanks dude

Yea, don't sweat it man. I like your recon / sentinel posts when storms are incoming. Helps us get a better read on timing and intensity. You're in subforum purgatory anyway. TX is prob too far tho. lol

Oh, I'm not. I think it's funny that someone gets torqued up about a weather obs. By the way it's pouring in Houston today and foggy as all get out. That was for PC. I hope to be home in time for the next cool down.

I still have an area about 30' by 30' with an inch of snow on it. Its pretty funny as its the only snow in my entire neighborhood.

I'm still nearly 100% covered, but I think tomorrow I go to a coverage that ends the run. Tomorrow makes day 17. Not bad for the pattern we've been in. I really hope we get into a long pattern of opportunity for everyone.

Archived