Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - 2012 wanes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just measured here in Carlise....1.3" new snow. Just emerged out of the snow hole on radar and back to steady light to moderate again. Hoping the green down along the M/D line moves north over Cumberland Co. Temp holding steady at 29.5 degrees.

Been an interesting last 5 days with 2" Christmas eve, 2.4" two days later, and now 1.3" 3 days later for a 5-day total of 5.7". Not bad for December.

I was having doubts all morning based upon radar (and meteorological ignorance), but they were unfounded. I don't often express my opinion on upcoming weather events because I've lived enough to understand what I don't know, and if I don't know, I don't comment. B)

Radar filled in quite nicely, and we're cashing in right now.

:snowing: :snowing: :snowing:

The radar app is radarscope.

Radarscope is awesome on both iPhone and iPad.

If anyone has an iPad 4, check out MeteoEarth ($2,99). It's new and uses the A6 processor and a gaming engine to generate 30fps animations of current and future conditions for the entire globe. Haven't really had it long enough to verify accuracy of forecasted conditions, but it did a decent job with the last two storms, and will blow your mind in how seamlessly it performs.

Might add that it's done by the MeteoGroup and I've tried their WeatherPro apps and wasn't at all impressed in terms of accuracy for this area. In fact, have since trashed them. But MeteoEarth is a whole new ballgame.

Archived