Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - 2012 wanes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we're going to just miss the main backfill from the coastal, but may get some brief narrow bands now forming on the western edge.

Appears the coastal doesn't really get ramped up until 6-7 this evening - sitting SSE of Long Island with us on the back edge of the light precipt. Then it bombs late tonite just off Falmouth (too late and far away for us) and quickly moves away.

Al in all a nice storm and a great week.

Looks like we're going to just miss the main backfill from the coastal, but may get some brief narrow bands now forming on the western edge.

Appears the coastal doesn't really get ramped up until 6-7 this evening - sitting SSE of Long Island with us on the back edge of the light precipt. Then it bombs late tonite just off Falmouth (too late and far away for us) and quickly moves away.

Al in all a nice storm and a great week.

HRRR seems to say another .5-1.0" of snow.

I agree, it was a great week. Next up is the little system on New Year's, some lake effect, and the very real possibility with this snow cover that we take a late-week run at 0, or below.

At 12:30 just measured 2.8" for this event...that's another 1.5" since my first measurement 2 hours ago, so it's been snowing moderately to occasionally heavily here with the lovely fat flakes accumulating pretty quickly. 5-day total now up to 7.2" with a bit more to go it seems looking at latest radar. Nice to see we verified with NWS whether it was 2-4 or 3-5. I know I'll break 3" before this winds down.

Glad nearly everyone is cashing in and it is oh so nice to see wmsptwx in a good mood for once....didn't know he had it in him! :snowing:

HRRR seems to say another .5-1.0" of snow.

I agree, it was a great week. Next up is the little system on New Year's, some lake effect, and the very real possibility with this snow cover that we take a late-week run at 0, or below.

This little band coming through right now appears to be the last of the south-north bands. Then we go west-east so that decent looking band just passing Indiana won't last long. But we could see another .5-1.0 before we're done.

Agree the prospects for keeping things fresh and cold look really good. Nice to have winter again.

Ok, it's official. Just hit the 3.0" mark with 5-day total of 7.4". Add 0.5" from the early November event and I'm at 7.9" for the season-to-date.

Temp rising very slowly....now up to 30.9F. Pressure still falling moderately at a rate of -0.044"/hr down to 29.64".

Snow down to light now and not expecting more than a couple of tenths tops based on current radar. Could be one more brief "green" burst coming through from the west then that looks to be it.

Ok, it's official. Just hit the 3.0" mark with 5-day total of 7.4". Add 0.5" from the early November event and I'm at 7.9" for the season-to-date.

Temp rising very slowly....now up to 30.9F. Pressure still falling moderately at a rate of -0.044"/hr down to 29.64".

Snow down to light now and not expecting more than a couple of tenths tops based on current radar. Could be one more brief "green" burst coming through from the west then that looks to be it.

the band coming thru me now has mod snow in it. looks to be headed your way.

Archived