Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA - 2012 wanes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed! Reading idiots in the PHL threads complain "oh we're only getting 1-3 wtf!" irks me to no end. Be lucky if you get warning-level criteria, it's not that often unless you live in the boonies up on a mountain like MAG and Jamie. :)

That's for sure. If snow is falling and sticking and accumulating that makes me pretty darn happy. That last year on the EasternWX boards nearly drove me insane. My posts must have driven people crazy! There were a LOT of :axe: that's for sure!

The main thing I learned is to always keep your expectations on the LOW side. It really makes things so much easier and less stressful. Then if you get anything more than that its just an added bonus to an already great day :santa:

Ended up with about 6.5" IMBY so my call of 5-8" verified well. Didn't really get much after the initial slug as precip became very spotty and mixed.

Saturday looks like a slam dunk for another snowy day though!! Turning out to be a pretty nice December after that summery start. Here's to a long lasting snowcover for ALL of us :snowing:

That's for sure. If snow is falling and sticking and accumulating that makes me pretty darn happy. That last year on the EasternWX boards nearly drove me insane. My posts must have driven people crazy! There were a LOT of :axe: that's for sure!

The main thing I learned is to always keep your expectations on the LOW side. It really makes things so much easier and less stressful. Then if you get anything more than that its just an added bonus to an already great day :santa:

Ended up with about 6.5" IMBY so my call of 5-8" verified well. Didn't really get much after the initial slug as precip became very spotty and mixed.

Saturday looks like a slam dunk for another snowy day though!! Turning out to be a pretty nice December after that summery start. Here's to a long lasting snowcover for ALL of us :snowing:

The winters I endured in central PA tested what patience I had, that's for sure. There were tons of :axe: in the I-95 threads last winter and I shrugged them off. Just having 2 good winters to offset the half dozen crap ones I endured more than made up for it. Central PA has to even out eventually, State College does average roughly the same snow amounts as Boston if not more. I remember growing up on Long Island in the late 1990s and seeing tons of storms wallop you guys while soaking us. I even remember the 2/3/2004 storm as we got soaked on Long Island and State College had a foot, thrilled at how much more snow you guys got than us. How :axe: that became!!

0z NAM and GFS are a solid 3-4" for MDT up to Allentown and Williamsport. 2-3 pretty much everywhere else it looks like.

Nice little storm we'll get during a Saturday morning/afternoon - we can all enjoy it. All snow, no mix issues at all.

Amazing the snow that PA got over the past 10 days despite La Nada, minimal blocking and limited help upstream from the Pacific jet.

wow. What are the temps looking like high 20's low 30s? ratios will be like 7-8:1?

Given the air mass and relatively good snow growth over the region, ratios will definitely be above 10:1 but less than 15:1. High resolution guidance indicating a period of high omega growth right over the LSV with snow rates briefly at 1in/hr.

Given the air mass and relatively good snow growth over the region, ratios will definitely be above 10:1 but less than 15:1. High resolution guidance indicating a period of high omega growth right over the LSV with snow rates briefly at 1in/hr.

i didn't take some of that into consideration, i went by prog. air temp alone. Thank you!

Yeah someone in the PHL thread mentioned yesterday rates in the LSV would be around 14:1 for the most part. I'm not really buying the NAM's wet solution, it's a really God-awful model lol.

i'm almost expecting about what we had on Wednesday 2 1/2". If its over that, i consider it a bonus!

i'm almost expecting about what we had on Wednesday 2 1/2". If its over that, i consider it a bonus!

Yup. I'm most excited for a pure snow event, during the day, on a weekend when we have jack-sh1t to do. Can't wait to hang out, drink beer, watch football and look outside at the snow.

I'll take these 2-3-4 inch storms and run, no complaining from me. Easy to clean up, you can still get around if you need to, etc.

Archived