• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA - 2012 wanes

congrats to my old stomping grounds (PSU and Lock Haven native) for winning on the snow front for a change. Been a dry few years for you guys. A weather questions for the Mets. How far back do you believe the banding sets up, or do you see this as a west-east configuration. It would seem to my untrained eye that the heaviest snow should be from the Laurel Highlands north to Clearfield and then east from I-80 and north to maybe Williamsport. Is that how you see the pivot positioning itself?? Could it get further west to say Dubois/Clarion, or is this mainly Central and northern PA at this point? Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just using Intellicast to see if the snow was filling back in. IPT

Seems to be working. Still snowing hard.

Top pic is the most recent. Bottom pic from about an hour ago.

I've been watching that radar as well, there was a couple frames in the loop where it lost CCX radar and made the hole look bigger than it is.

Also, new PNS out with recent reports.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/productview.php?pil=PNSCTP

Looks like were done in a few minutes...smoking right now though!

Your not done...backfilling as we speak. As much as your on here, I'd think you would know that. Not trolling you but really, it has and is performing as forcast for Wspt. I went to college in Wspt and yes it can be a screw zone like down here in Lancaster, but try a little less pooh pooing and enjoy what you got....

I'll be driving through tomorrow on my way to the cabin and I'm sure you'll be 3-4" more than your current total of approx. 6".

Nut

Your not done...backfilling as we speak. As much as your on here, I'd think you would know that. Not trolling you but really, it has and is preforming as forcast for Wspt. I went to college in Wspt and yes it can be a screw zone like down here in Lancaster, but try a little less pooh pooing and enjoy what you got....

I'll be driving through tomorrow on my way to the cabin and I'm sure you'll be 3-4" more than your current total of approx. 6".

Nut

It's amazing, like he is being schooled by God.

It's amazing, like he is being schooled by God.

Or by Dr. NO (who actually said YES) to this one!! I spend tons of time here and watch and learn and post less, but most do a great job of keeping it real and not finding a fault/prob with every opp. It is what it is, and while there may be minimal mixing at IPT when rates fall off, it has been consistantly modeled as a SNOWstorm there. I wish I was there right now as the radar to the S/W is filing nicely.

Down here, I may get a little consolation prize way after bedtime.

May be a fun ride with the snowmobiles in tow up Rt. 15 tomorrow.

Nut

Storm here was as expected, but still sucked. Three hours of beautiful snow falling, and then it just kind of shut off. Somehow a dry punch worked into the Schuylkill County area, and once that happened it was over. We had some bursts of sleet at times and some freezing rain mixed in with it, but overall, after about 3:00PM, we didn't get much. Accumulation ended up being our customary 2 inches which is what it seems like we always get out of these storms.

I knew what to expect, and the NWS was pretty much on the mark, but I'm still disappointed with how everything went today. Miller B's suck...and even as I type this, there is an even larger punch of dryness working into my location...

!!!THUNDERSNOW!!!

I'm in Boalsburg, PA, and that bow echo thing was the most awesome weather experience of my life! Three flashes in 10 minutes time followed by deep, grumbling thunder for 15 to 20 seconds. My son and I were out in it... simply incredible!

1.5" fell in just 30 minutes... up to 6.5" total now.

Or by Dr. NO (who actually said YES) to this one!! I spend tons of time here and watch and learn and post less, but most do a great job of keeping it real and not finding a fault/prob with every opp. It is what it is, and while there may be minimal mixing at IPT when rates fall off, it has been consistantly modeled as a SNOWstorm there. I wish I was there right now as the radar to the S/W is filing nicely.

Down here, I may get a little consolation prize way after bedtime.

May be a fun ride with the snowmobiles in tow up Rt. 15 tomorrow.

Nut

RT15 should be ok tomorrow, Steam Valley was a little jammed up this afternoon. Think a crane got stuck.

Probably will be a little sloppy though.

How far north you heading? Mansfield is suppose to get hit pretty hard with this storm.

Just measured 6.0" of snow. Pretty nice!!! Think it's the biggest in at least a couple years.

still snowing....

!!!THUNDERSNOW!!!

I'm in Boalsburg, PA, and that bow echo thing was the most awesome weather experience of my life! Three flashes in 10 minutes time followed by deep, grumbling thunder for 15 to 20 seconds. My son and I were out in it... simply incredible!

1.5" fell in just 30 minutes... up to 6.5" total now.

Thundersnow is the best thing ever; I'm glad that you and your son got to experience it firsthand!

RT15 should be ok tomorrow, Steam Valley was a little jammed up this afternoon. Think a crane got stuck.

Probably will be a little sloppy though.

How far north you heading? Mansfield is suppose to get hit pretty hard with this storm.

Just measured 6.0" of snow. Pretty nice!!! Think it's the biggest in at least a couple years.

still snowing....

Yeah I think your right Pa..should be ok by mid morning. Ive had my rig almost sideways above Lewisburg once, and WONT do that again. We all bout sh!t ourselves. Leaving at 9 to give the crews time to get at it as much of the accums should be about done although I'd expect some LES to kick up mid/late afternoon once the NW flow gets established.

My place is in Gaines, Tioga county. I sit at 2275' and can tell you that the difference from the bottom to the top can be several inches with a system like this. I'll let you all know how we fair once I get things settled and hopefully can get my wheeler/plow going. IF we get what has been called for up there, the Kawi may have issues...

Nut

Yeah I think your right Pa..should be ok by mid morning. Ive had my rig almost sideways above Lewisburg once, and WONT do that again. We all bout sh!t ourselves. Leaving at 9 to give the crews time to get at it as much of the accums should be about done although I'd expect some LES to kick up mid/late afternoon once the NW flow gets established.

My place is in Gaines, Tioga county. I sit at 2275' and can tell you that the difference from the bottom to the top can be several inches with a system like this. I'll let you all know how we fair once I get things settled and hopefully can get my wheeler/plow going. IF we get what has been called for up there, the Kawi may have issues...

Nut

Forgot to mention. From the red light at RT.54/ Montgomery to South Wmpst. They had the mountain shut down right after the snow started. "this afternoon" for a little while.

Should be a fun weekend for you!!

Haneyville snow cam....http://mysite.verizon.net/vze88orm/

Storm here was as expected, but still sucked. Three hours of beautiful snow falling, and then it just kind of shut off. Somehow a dry punch worked into the Schuylkill County area, and once that happened it was over. We had some bursts of sleet at times and some freezing rain mixed in with it, but overall, after about 3:00PM, we didn't get much. Accumulation ended up being our customary 2 inches which is what it seems like we always get out of these storms.

I knew what to expect, and the NWS was pretty much on the mark, but I'm still disappointed with how everything went today. Miller B's suck...and even as I type this, there is an even larger punch of dryness working into my location...

Pretty much the same here, though maybe around 3" instead of 2.

Forgot to mention. From the red light at RT.54/ Montgomery to South Wmpst. They had the mountain shut down right after the snow started. "this afternoon" for a little while.

Should be a fun weekend for you!!

Haneyville snow cam....http://mysite.verizon.net/vze88orm/

Thanks and no worries, I typically will not trailer up 54, especially with a storm like this. From 81 to Bear Gap, to Danville, too many hills to navigate w/ a trailer/sleds.

The second cabin (carter camp) was one that I was considering buying into, as a friend and I were looking to go in together. Our paths went in slightly different directions, and I went alone. That is a nice place though. That is also one of my good buds truck that your looking at in that camera. He too is from Ephrata.

Be safe and enjoy all.

wsptwx...give it an hour or 2 and you should go back to snow (from what I see)...just hang in there.

Nut

Archived