Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA - 2012 wanes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get your East Texas butt out there, shovel & salt...lol I had a steroid shot in the neck this morning, so I get a medical shoveling reprieve. :D

When it was really coming down this afternoon, the cable seemed to have satellite problems this afternoon, it was a first.

I still regret shoveling on Valentine's Day 2007. I think I still have a block of ice from that "experience"!

It had already changed over to fzra by the time I got home so never was able to measure the snow before the changeover... I have about an inch and a half right now with a sheet of ice forming on top here just north of Enola... rain guage has about 2" and slush/ice on top... guage is completely encased with ice

My measurement from earlier was a bit old, had to get dinner started before I posted it. We had some intense-ass rates just now, maybe up to 5.

The NWS AFD is an interesting read.

Speaking of which, I think CTP has done a pretty good job forecasting this storm overall. After alot of models did their thing around hr 120 and people were getting ready to jump off bridges in here, they stuck with climo and a more frozen outcome.

Also, it looks to get windy tomorrow. If we end up with a clean snow storm there's going to be all kinds of blowing and drifting around these parts.

Gotta be close to 6 pouring snow here roads are a disaster. When should this shut off? 7 or 8pm?

Looks like your about to get a bit of a break, if you aren't already. There's another wave of some pretty heavy precip down south though that looks to move up. Be interesting to see if you mix some sleet or stay heavy snow in that. Precip shield is also trying to rebuild as well further southwest.

we are near 3 inches, I didn't measure yet. we been in and out of sleet and ZA. I had to pick up daughter number 3 at 4:30 and during that trip the roads were covered, and some were closed dur to traffic problems,. ME and my jeep grand cherokee with a hemi (cool engine) had no problem. right now moderate snow.

What is it?

Must just be a really heavy band with sleet mixed in. Might be an attempt at warm air trying to intrude from the southeast, but it might not get to State College. Looking on dual pol radar, I noticed that once this pushed past Lewistown the area of much lower C-C values collapsed and now everything is nearly 100% (indicating either straight rain or snow). Might now just be very heavy snow at and just east of State College.

Must just be a really heavy band with sleet mixed in. Might be an attempt at warm air trying to intrude from the southeast, but it might not get to State College. Looking on dual pol radar, I noticed that once this pushed past Lewistown the area of much lower C-C values collapsed and now everything is nearly 100% (indicating either straight rain or snow). Might now just be very heavy snow at and just east of State College.

Looks like the area of it is expanding as well and is trying to fill in. The coastal low looks like it's finally doing work for you guys. Could be quite a bit of snow to come if we keep seeing a backlash/comma form.

Looks like the area of it is expanding as well and is trying to fill in. The coastal low looks like it's finally doing work for you guys. Could be quite a bit of snow to come if we keep seeing a backlash/comma form.

Yea that gap between the precip out west and here is definitely trying to fill in. Snow has never really stopped here with the banded stuff coming straight up from Maryland continuing to be like the Energizer Bunny. A bit over 6.5" now total. Already a very nice storm in my book.

Looks intense on traffic cams: http://trafficland.com/city/SCE/index.html

Archived