12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Son of Sandy Observations/ Nowcast Nov 6/7

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS says we cool off in the mid levels over the next few hours..any chance we get some flakes/sleet on the coast or is the BL too warm? I'm not really looking for any accums.

I can't see more than some catpaws for you or anyone at the coast until winds back more northerly and the low levels cool. There is probably a better shot for some snow closer to or just NW of BOS, especially if the front sags more south. This is all or nothing when it comes to wind. NE wind this time of year is death unless it is very cold just aloft, or the airmass is very cold.

I can't see more than some catpaws for you or anyone at the coast until winds back more northerly and the low levels cool. There is probably a better shot for some snow closer to or just NW of BOS, especially if the front sags more south. This is all or nothing when it comes to wind. NE wind this time of year is death unless it is very cold just aloft, or the airmass is very cold.

Thanks for the explanation. I figured it would be extremely tough this time of year. I will gladly take a few catpaws.

The sky currently has that bright broken slate color that doesn't really instill faith in me that good snows will be moving in this far NW.

Raw. 34F

That band will likely come to Springfleld and I think you'll get some snow..even if there is more to the south.

That leading band may be the band that models have being keying on for the wrn ma sweet spot..only perhaps a little further east. So I do think it will get into the east slopes of the Berks, but with the models ticking east, I don't know how far west it can penetrate. At any rate, that band may slow down and then stall, which will likely dump several inches on someone.

That band will likely come to Springfleld and I think you'll get some snow..even if there is more to the south.

That leading band may be the band that models have being keying on for the wrn ma sweet spot..only perhaps a little further east. So I do think it will get into the east slopes of the Berks, but with the models ticking east, I don't know how far west it can penetrate. At any rate, that band may slow down and then stall, which will likely dump several inches on someone.

Had to go to Springfield early this morning and it was definitely much heavier overcast down there, felt like snow.

Since G'field is 40+ miles N I'm a bit concerned about how tight the gradient is but considering it's early Nov. I'll be happy with the ground being white.

Had to go to Springfield early this morning and it was definitely much heavier overcast down there, felt like snow.

Since G'field is 40+ miles N I'm a bit concerned about how tight the gradient is but considering it's early Nov. I'll be happy with the ground being white.

I think you'll be fine, even if you don't jackpot.

Transformers just blew here in southport wifes school is now without power over 900 homes without power in Fairfield now, and its absolutely dumping snow

Doesn't seem to be that windy on the CT coast yet though, odd. Outages have gone up by 15k on LI since this morning, so far.

Archived