Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Election week coastal storm threat

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean even the GGEM and GFS showed decent hits at some points, so they all need to get blasted. NAM actually had it right the whole time. Shockingly.

Ill stand by the NAM not being good outside 24-48. Ppl point to 09-10 but every model showed snow then.

To be honest this was always like playing draw poker, holding an ace, and drawing 4 cards hoping for a solid hand. Today might have sealed the deal, but the hand was in trouble a couple of days ago.

It depends on what you were looking for. You were never getting 12", that's true.

Something big could happen. I wouldn't write it off.

Well I guess I would wait til the Euro tonight but it kind of looks like crap. Maybe a couple of inches up here but in general it just looks disjointed and the storm never really gets a mechanism to get going. The jackpot on this is probably going to be like 2" somewhere lol

I mean even the GGEM and GFS showed decent hits at some points, so they all need to get blasted. NAM actually had it right the whole time. Shockingly.

NAM on a roll with the last 2 storms. It crushed the GFS on the snowy end of Sandy.

Edit:Gotta give the NOGAPS some credit too.

Based on the EURO, there can be 4 to 6 hours of light snow west of the Chesapeake Bay but no really chance for accumulation, rates not high enough and ground too warm. The GFS shows essentially the same, a total of 0.25 to 0.45 inch precip with 2 meter temperatures above freezing.

Better than nothing but don't break out the snow shovel.

Archived